X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carrfixr
    • May 2017
    • 5.5.x

Internal module error

So this error happened twice over the weekend. It is very sporadic but it happens to a single thread. When the error is there I can view other threads but when going back to that particular one its still showing the error. This happened on the latest chrome version and while it was active I went on my iPad and tried to access the thread that way. Same error so I took a screen shot from the iPad. Then after a minute or so the error left on its own and the thread was accessible. I remember seeing other complaints before of the same issue. Any ideas? This would be pretty tough to replicate due to the inconsistency of it happening. Is there something I can try or check the next time it happens?
  • Carrfixr
    • May 2017
    • 5.5.x

So a quick search brought up a recent thread and I reported it then also. It seems that thread died with no help

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...t-be-displayed

Reloading, logging out, etc nothing fixed it.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

What is the specific URL where the problem occurs? Does it happen with all usergroups?
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carrfixr
        • May 2017
        • 5.5.x

It can occur on any thread at anytime on the entire site. It happens to all users and groups

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

Just loading the page? Does it go away on a refresh?

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carrfixr
            • May 2017
            • 5.5.x

No it won't go away refresh, open another thread then go back etc. I tried everything and then after a minute or more it disappears. When it corrects itself there was nothing different that I tried from when it was active

Post #2 mentions about the refresh and re logging that I tried

Comment

• Carrfixr
              • May 2017
              • 5.5.x

Is there anything you would like me to try the next time this happens? Or is it strictly an error that needs to be handled internally?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

It is going to be a trick to resolve because it is random and seemingly clears itself up without issue. So what will have to happen is that I'll have to set aside a block of time and randomly load pages on your site in the hopes that I can trigger the error. If it happens, then I'll need to make an immediate database backup and hope the error continues as long as it takes the backup to be created. Then we can review the NODE that has the error with the database to see where the problem is. Finally, the developers will have to write code to make sure whatever the error is doesn't happen in the future.

However, we need to be able to recreate the issue on demand to fix it.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carrfixr
                  Carrfixr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That may be a lost cause. It has not happened to ME since posting this issue
              • Carrfixr
                • May 2017
                • 5.5.x

Ok I had it happen today and I have some new info. I moved a thread with a single post from one forum to another with pictures attached. The post was added on to an existing thread. All went well and it showed up just fine. I edited that post after it was moved to add a title. All was good. I then left and went to go back to that new thread post and I received the module error code for about 30 seconds, then it went away.

Here is a link to that moved posting. You need to log in for viewing
                https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...099#post141099
                Last edited by Carrfixr; Wed 9 Jan '19, 6:33am.

Comment

• Carrfixr
                  • May 2017
                  • 5.5.x

Well maybe bag my last theory. I just went to look at another untouched thread and received the error.. Then it went away quickly
                  Last edited by Carrfixr; Wed 9 Jan '19, 4:48pm.

Comment

• Carrfixr
                    • May 2017
                    • 5.5.x

I have been getting the module warning more and more. It happened twice tonight and then it just disappears. It seems to happen after a post or comment is added to a thread. I don't see you having the time to replicate it and then back it up. It is something that has gotten worse recently and a year ago it was non existent
                    Last edited by Carrfixr; Tue 15 Jan '19, 3:55am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

I am trying to reproduce it. However, I am just randomly reloading topics because I don't know how to reproduce it. What URLs is it occurring in?

I do see that you have quite a number of notices in debug mode. Not sure if it is related or not though. I don't have them on https://forums.rabidbadger.io but it could be due to bug fixes in 5.5.0.
                      Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 15 Jan '19, 10:13am.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carrfixr
                        • May 2017
                        • 5.5.x

No more Happy Oil Returns for this old pipe. :( Putting this engine together, I grabbed a spare return pipe from my stash. Looked great and solid! It needed paint, so I was cleaning it up with the wire wheel on the bench grinder. Never expected this. ?? So .... back to the shed to grab another pipe. :). Jeff

This is the thread pictured above, but it seems to be going on anywhere at anytime

Thanks

Comment