Page Manager Not Working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneijder
    replied
    For the articles etc.. I've been asking if this is possible for a while now..

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sneijder
    Any chance I can get a see more expanded by default solution too lol..
    I have no idea what this means.

Leave a comment:

• Sneijder
    replied
    Any chance I can get a see more expanded by default solution too lol.. I've been asking about that for ages.. the devs don't see that as a big deal..

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Your site is a complete mess to be honest. You've deleted critical channels that provide functionality on the site. You're renamed the Home Page channel. Honestly trying to see how I can recover it without having to start over.

Leave a comment:

• Sneijder
    replied
    K.. that's probably it then..

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    Originally posted by Sneijder
    Some pages in Page Manager I can't delete.. the option isn't there..
    This happens if you rename one of the default pages.

Leave a comment:

• Sneijder
    replied
    Some pages in Page Manager I can't delete.. the option isn't there..

Leave a comment:

• Sneijder
    replied
    I can't delete /home for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You can't use /promotions because you had a /promotions before and changed it to /home. So it will always point to /home now. They are the same page. Delete /home (it doesn't seem to have content anyway) and you should be able to use /promotions again.

Leave a comment:

• Sneijder
    replied
    Oh.. were all these pages created before there was the option to delete custom pages? Is that why I can't reuse the old urls?

Because I'm sure I could reuse a new url if I tried it..

Leave a comment:

• Sneijder
    replied
    I just meant.. by clicking on the page manager then click edit the page yea.. but creating a new page is the only way to create a url right?

Leave a comment:

• Sneijder
    replied
    I mean no that's what I meant.. how would I have created a redirect without creating a new page? Aren't they the same things?

Leave a comment:

• Sneijder
    replied
    No.. I can't edit the page www.boxingworld.news/promotions because as soon as I click on it.. it goes to www.boxingworld.news/home

So I can't use www.boxingworld.news/promotions at all.. why?

I can make a new page.. but I can't call it www.boxingworld.news/promotions

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    So what you're experiencing is by design.

If you edit a page and change its name and URL then a redirect from the old URL will be created. You cannot really reuse pages in the system. At least not the way you're trying to do. This is done because search engines really don't like missing pages. Humans like them even less.

This actually has nothing to do with the Page Manager in Site Builder though. That will only show the latest pages and URLs. it doesn't show redirects. I'll look at your site on Monday and I can delete all redirects if you wish.

Leave a comment:

• Sneijder
    replied
    While the DNS updates again.. you can see here https://cb9c890564e4-002863.vbulletin.net/promotions

Leave a comment: