X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flash04jv
    • Aug 2015
    • 5.1.x

Widget/Module Titles Missing?

Titles are missing in the Edit Page section and from the widget headers, just started tonight? Can't make them come back, been trying multiple browsers and looking at style var settings.

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You had changed the font size to 12% by editing the module_header_font style variable. 12% of the body font (12 pt) is ~1.44 pixels tall on a desktop. Smaller on mobile devices. I've reverted this style variable so the headers appear again. You should apply your changes again. If you really want to use percentages, you probably want to stick to something in the 80% to 120% range at this time.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Flash04jv
      • Aug 2015
      • 5.1.x

How did you even notice that! Amazing. I was going through font sizes trying to find the module header I wanted to edit, and got distracted so I lost where I was.

Thanks for the advice and help, really appreciate it!

Comment

• Flash04jv
        • Aug 2015
        • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        You had changed the font size to 12% by editing the module_header_font style variable. 12% of the body font (12 pt) is ~1.44 pixels tall on a desktop. Smaller on mobile devices. I've reverted this style variable so the headers appear again. You should apply your changes again. If you really want to use percentages, you probably want to stick to something in the 80% to 120% range at this time.
        This makes sense now, I hadn't really understood the difference between the px and % units. So I would try both until I saw the text change in the area I wanted, and then edit from there. Thanks for fixing my error, I'm sure that has caused me problems before too.

I was trying to increase the size of the Primary Module Subheader Font, but it must be maxed out within it header or something like that. I am able to change the color of the text with the Primary Module Subheader Text Color editor, but the size just won't change for me. Not a big deal, can only go so big before it would just look weird anyway.

Thanks again!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Flash04jv
          How did you even notice that!
          Using Google Chrome's Developer tools and reading the HTML and CSS on each element of the page. Then cross-referencing that with the style variables.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment