X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flash04jv
    • Aug 2015
    • 5.1.x

'User Settings' Font Color Help

Would someone please point me to the the style variable editor setting location for the text color circled? I've been trying and trying, no luck at all so far.

It's the header tabs in the User Settings area. I just want to make the text color darker so we can read it.
    Last edited by Flash04jv; Tue 9 Oct '18, 5:41pm.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

It should be module_tab_text_color.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Flash04jv
      • Aug 2015
      • 5.1.x

Thanks, I'll check it in a bit.

Comment

• Flash04jv
        • Aug 2015
        • 5.1.x

Not working. It's possible I have a transparent CSS code causing an issue. I'll work on it tonight.

Comment

• Flash04jv
          • Aug 2015
          • 5.1.x

Removed all my CSS, no change. VB user settings tabs look fine, but a different background so it's easier to see.

Is the text in those tabs an image or something? I just can't figure out how to change the text color at all.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

I get this CSS:
            Code:
            .b-tabbed-pane__tab--underline > .b-tabbed-pane__tab-link {
                color: {vb:stylevar text_tertiary_color};
            }
            So these inactive tabs use the text_tertiary_color directly. This value is inherited from global_palette_text_02. So you can change either one of these depending on what changes you have made to your style.

I would suggest trying to change the Global Palette Style Variables first to create your new style. Then you can fine tune the style with additional style variables if need be.
            Last edited by Wayne Luke; Thu 11 Oct '18, 12:57pm.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Flash04jv
              • Aug 2015
              • 5.1.x

Wow, so I changed the color under the text_tertiary_color to a neon green. Saw that it did indeed change the text color of the text in the tabs.

So I pasted the orginal value color back, and now the text color is the color that was in the field to begin with. #656A65D. It's like it was caught up or something, and just needed a refresh.

I tried the global_palette_text_2 as well. This changed many other areas. Which I'm glad I tried, I made those slightly darker.

Thank you so much for you help! I used Inspect Element to search for locations, but kept getting caught up with the wrong key words, still a novice at these things.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...