X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carrfixr
    • May 2017
    • 5.5.x

Another Related Topic issue

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but 3 days ago I installed the Module by opening a thread and placing it on the page. As of now it has still not propagated a single related thread on any topic site wide. Did I install this wrong??
    I also noticed that I get the Related Topic header showing,,, with this listed below

There are no results that meet this criteria.

On this VB forum when there are no related threads, nothing is shown below the posts. No header or criteria message
    I'm at a loss here can anyone help

BTW It's installed with the default box checked
  • Mrs.T
    • Nov 2007
    • 6.0.X

That's exactly what I did Carrfixr and it is showing on a lot of threads but some do show the 'nothing met your criteria' as you describe.

Comment

• Carrfixr
      • May 2017
      • 5.5.x

Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle
      That's exactly what I did Carrfixr and it is showing on a lot of threads but some do show the 'nothing met your criteria' as you describe.
      Now on this site when there are no related threads propagated nothing is shown below. (No Header or Criteria message) The module is completely hidden. Mrs T I did look at your site and it shows the same as mine. For whatever reason my site is not bringing up any related threads at all.

When I called in for phone support yesterday it can only be installed site wide. Maybe in the future the module can be adjusted for certain forums which would be much better.

Maybe I'll delete the module and reinstall it again. Then see what happens in a couple more days..

Comment

• JGRnava
        • Jun 2018
        • 5.3.x

It is working for me with forums and blogs, but not with articles. We don't use groups.

Comment

• Mrs.T
          • Nov 2007
          • 6.0.X

I'd be interested to know what the search criteria is because every day we have a thread called 'daily thread' plus the date, but it never picks one of the others as a similar topic!

Comment

• Carrfixr
            • May 2017
            • 5.5.x

Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle
            I'd be interested to know what the search criteria is because every day we have a thread called 'daily thread' plus the date, but it never picks one of the others as a similar topic!
            I deleted and then reinstalled the module, so will wait it out to see what happens. I know this is new technology being used but that is my worry also. In the end I have a feeling that I will end up removing it until it improves.

Comment

• Mrs.T
              • Nov 2007
              • 6.0.X

Hopefully it will work this time Carrfixr we are really pleased with ours, it's finding some good related topics, just a bit hit and miss on others

Comment

• Carrfixr
                Carrfixr commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm hoping it will work as well. I don't see why it shouldn't unless something else is interfering. I will keep this post updated and thanks for all the responses.
            • Carrfixr
              • May 2017
              • 5.5.x

Still nothing showing
              Last edited by Carrfixr; Mon 1 Oct '18, 3:53am.

Comment

• Carrfixr
                • May 2017
                • 5.5.x

I sent in a support ticket today and will report back the findings

Comment

• Mrs.T
                  Mrs.T commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, will be interested to hear. Had a little giggle at the related topic that shows on here to your question... "my site sucks"

• Carrfixr
                  Carrfixr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yea I saw that LOL
                  Have a good day Mrs. T
              • Carrfixr
                • May 2017
                • 5.5.x

Update
                I posted a support ticket this morning and just received a notification that it is fixed. My "AI" settings for our site at VB headquarters were not set right. The Related Topics are already starting to work. Thanks for the responses, and thanks to the VB team & (Wayne) for the fast work to resolve this.

Comment

• Mrs.T
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 6.0.X

That's great news Carrfixr well done to the team for sorting it so quickly too.

​​​​​​

Comment

• braintrainnerd
                    • Oct 2017
                    • 5.0.x

I didn't even know about related topics! What a brilliant idea for increasing user engagement!

EDIT: Seems to be working immediately for my site. Some topics don't have any related topics displayed at all - I guess this is because the AI really can't find related topics. I am really loving this module!!! Good job vBulletin! *happy*
                    Last edited by braintrainnerd; Tue 9 Oct '18, 3:25pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...