set a time limit on editing / deleting own posts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • braintrainnerd
    • Oct 2017
    • 5.0.x

set a time limit on editing / deleting own posts?

Where can I find the option to set a time limit, after which a registered user can't edit or delete their own posts? In AdminCP I can only find the option to set a limit for editing the titles of their own topics. I couldn't find the option under the 'registered users' usergroup either. Thank you.
  • Carrfixr
    • May 2017
    • 5.5.x

Admincp> Usergroups> Channel permissions> Time limit for editing posts

Comment

• braintrainnerd
    • Oct 2017
    • 5.0.x

I went to Admincp> Usergroups> Channel permissions, but I am presented with a hierarchical view of my forum, from the homepage to individual subforums. At each node, there are options to edit settings for the admin, mods, guests, registered users etc. Am I supposed to edit each and every setting for my 70+ subforums? I edited the homepage setting, thinking that this would have a flow on effect to the subforums, but it doesn't. It appears that registered users still can't delete their posts until I edit the settings for each subforum? Seems to be a particularly crazy way of doing things, if this is the case.

Is there one setting paeg that I can change in order to allow registered users to edit and delete their posts within a specific timeframe?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Children will inherit permissions from their parents if they are not already customized. So if you don't have groups customized for channels under Forums (or Home Page), you can edit it in that channel and all children will inherit the changes.
      • Customized permissions appear in Red
      • Inherited permissions appear in Orange
      Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-02-03_17-16-18.png Views:	0 Size:	31.2 KB ID:	4433473

You can also use the "Quick Permissions Editor" link at the top. Or set the permissions in one channel and then use the Channel Permissions Duplicator tool link at the top.
      Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 3 Feb '20, 4:20pm.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment