X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Omholt
    • Aug 2018
    • 5.3.x

Several questions from a newbie

I have following wishes and wondering how it can be implemented (if possible):

1. Is it possible to mark registered industry players/vendors?

2. Can I set up a forum/subforum where industry players only can make their announcements (new product, etc.)? And can this be done with a payment solution?

3. How do I make two forums called "Articles" and "News" to show up on the front page with the first picture posted? Basically what's bein done in the this forum:
    Forum for hi-fi, stereo, musikk, lyd og bilde

They don't have to be forums. They could be closed sections that's only open to either industry players and certain writers.
  • Joshua Gonzales
    • Apr 2015
    • 5.5.x

1. Someone else might have a better idea, but I would create a custom usergroup for your industry players/vendors. From the usergroup options you can make all users in that usergroup have a special colored username.
    AdminCP > Usergroups > Add New Usergroup > see the option for Username HTML Markup to add color/HTML to their usernames.

2. The previous suggestion would go nicely with this part as you can setup a Paid Subscription. When the users choose the subscription, they can automatically be moved to the custom usergroup you created. While they won't be able to create announcements with the actual Announcement feature, you can use channel permissions to make it so only members of that custom usergroup can post in the associated forums.

3. Not sure about the 3rd option. BirdOPrey5 Mark.B Any ideas?
    -- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -- Ads available for the modules globally
    -- Global modules
    -- Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

#3 seems to be from a custom add-on for VB 4.x. I do not know how to replicate that in VB 5.x, at least not automatically. You could always create your own links to the content with images using the Static HTML modules and a multi-column layout.

Comment

• Omholt
        • Aug 2018
        • 5.3.x

Thanks for the response. However, it doesn't look Vbulletin has what I'm after. I need something simple to work with, not finding ways around. I don't have the time nor the skill to do that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...