• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MiltonRobey
    • Aug 2018
    • 5.3.x

vBulletin Cloud Issues. PLEASE HELP.

Hello!

So let me try to break down my problem the best I can, I recently bought a website from domain.com this website is holygaming.co. I then bought The vBulletin cloud option to help make my forum, but the CNAME link they have given me looks like this ae8fc5a7e47a-004221.vbulletin.net and I can not find a option to log in, I figured the problem maybe with the Default Home Page given to me by Domain.com for my website but I can not find out how to remove it and make it a blank index.html file using FileZila , Can someone help me, I am new to all of this , I just wanted to make a cool custom forum with out using a wordpress.
  • braintrainnerd
    • Oct 2017
    • 5.0.x

If I can remember correctly, you need to log into the portal (or domain manager) of the company that sold you the domain name, and go into the settings for the domain that you bought, and paste the cname into the appropriate location in the settings.

Comment

• MiltonRobey
      • Aug 2018
      • 5.3.x

Hello yes , this is true but as you can see like above the cname link they have given me is deformed.

Comment

• braintrainnerd
        • Oct 2017
        • 5.0.x

I don't know what you mean by "deformed", but if you think that you have been sent an incorrect CNAME, then I suggest sending a vBulletin a support ticket, or calling them. The support on this forum is very limited and the staff sometimes don't reply to posts asking for help.

You can send a support ticket by login into your vBulletin account, then clicking on "members area" on the left, then "support ticket system".

Good luck. I know how frustrating these types of problems can be.

Comment