Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I upload a different default Avatar.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I upload a different default Avatar.

I would like to have an organization logo in lieu of the vBulletin default Avatar. Is there a way I can do that?

Thank you.

If you go to your profile and click on your avatar, it will give you an option to edit, the upload from your computer and save

Comment

I think what JGRnava is asking is: Is it possible to have a different default avatar for all guests and new users?

Instead of just the default profile avatar that is a grey head, is it possible to upload a logo, so that all guests and new members (who have not uploaded their own individual avatar) will have that logo as the default avatar?
      https://www.mylumolife.com/

Comment

Originally posted by braintrainnerd View Post
        I think what JGRnava is asking is: Is it possible to have a different default avatar for all guests and new users?

Instead of just the default profile avatar that is a grey head, is it possible to upload a logo, so that all guests and new members (who have not uploaded their own individual avatar) will have that logo as the default avatar?
        Thanks for clarifying that. Good question
        Please vote for this issue. Comment's drop out of the unread module and become lost for members to view

https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18672

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...h-module-issue

Comment

Yes, braintrainnerd is correct and explained it very well.

Comment

Try this solution:
            1. Upload 2 sets of avatars (thumb and large) in the vBCloud File Manager in AdminCP. Avatar dimensions should be 64x64 (thumb) and 200x200 (large). Copy the generated URLs.
            2. Add a Replacement Variable in AdminCP > Styles > Replacement Variable Manager
            3. Click [Add New Replacement Variable] link for the target theme/style.
            4. Fill out the form with the following:

Search for Text: ./core/images/default/default_avatar_thumb.png
              Replace with Text: (URL for thumb size you copied from Step 1. Do not include the forum base URL. I believe the URL format generated by vBCloud File Manager uses this format: core/css/0/0/1/1/3/4//images/image-filename.jpg)
            5. Save.
            6. Repeat for large version of the avatar.
            7. Repeat for every active theme/style your forum is using.

GIPHY for vB5 | AutoLinker | Video Attachments Player | Last Registered Users Module | Clear System Cache Cron | Drag-n-Drop Upload | Topic AJAX AutoUpdate | Force Read Topic

Comment

Thank you with you precise instructions.

Comment