X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carrfixr
    • May 2017
    • 5.5.x

Media Album picture preview issue

The preview picture in a users media album in the profile page just shows a random picture. Why doesn't the first uploaded picture show there? When looking at the slide show they are in order and so are they when looking at the thread view. I did a couple tests of my own and every time just a random pic from the uploaded batch shows as the preview.
  • Carrfixr
    • May 2017
    • 5.5.x

Is there any feedback available on this?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

In my testing on my own site- https://sedona.vbulletin.net/member/...ck-admin/media (although you can't see it if not registered/logged in) - It would seem the most recently uploaded photo is the thumbnail.

Is it possible the image is changing as you upload new content?

Comment

• Carrfixr
        • May 2017
        • 5.5.x

Joe
        I just uploaded 4 photos into a media album in my profile om this site
        The first photo was the front of the car.
        Second was the back of the car
        Third was the side
        Fourth is the pic with two cars in it
        The media album preview shows the last pic of two cars.

Comment

• Carrfixr
          • May 2017
          • 5.5.x

I could be wrong but it seems that the last uploaded picture is the preview instead of it being the first. When a user adds to the album once it's posted then the new last addition will take on the preview.
          The preview should stay as the first uploaded picture, like it is in the thread view and the slide show

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

The "Why" it is the way it is I can't really answer. If you would like the behavior changed please click on the Tracker link in our navbar, Report an issue with VB5.

If you feel it is a bug, list it as a bug, I might call it an improvement request, but it's not worth stressing over, the QA team will change it to whatever they deem it to be. Enter a short summary (title) and description and submit it. Just skip any boxes you're not sure what to put in.

This will get it into the system, perhaps, one day the behavior will be changed. No telling how quickly or how long it may take however.

When done post the link back in this topic so users who care can "vote" for the issue. Votes help issues get looked at faster, but it is just one of many criteria used.

Comment

• Carrfixr
              • May 2017
              • 5.5.x

Yea I know it's minor compared to the comments dropping issue that is very pressing for me at this time.

Thanks Joe will do.
              Last edited by Carrfixr; Fri 17 Aug '18, 4:15am.

Comment

• Carrfixr
                • May 2017
                • 5.5.x

Here is the tracker for this issue

Comment

• Carrfixr
                  • May 2017
                  • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Joe D.
                  The "Why" it is the way it is I can't really answer. If you would like the behavior changed please click on the Tracker link in our navbar, Report an issue with VB5.

If you feel it is a bug, list it as a bug, I might call it an improvement request, but it's not worth stressing over, the QA team will change it to whatever they deem it to be. Enter a short summary (title) and description and submit it. Just skip any boxes you're not sure what to put in.

This will get it into the system, perhaps, one day the behavior will be changed. No telling how quickly or how long it may take however.

When done post the link back in this topic so users who care can "vote" for the issue. Votes help issues get looked at faster, but it is just one of many criteria used.
                  That's why we need more time spent on fixing these old issues instead of creating new ones. It would make the product much more stronger in the long run. I know this particular thing is very minor but there are some real major bugs that need to be addressed. Then there are the things that do get addressed and still are not right, such as the folding up comments.
                  Thanks for picking this up
                  Last edited by Carrfixr; Fri 17 Aug '18, 6:46am.

Comment