Bizarre incident, A usergroup stopped allowing access to forums - had to delete it.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JGRnava
    • Jun 2018
    • 5.3.x

Bizarre incident, A usergroup stopped allowing access to forums - had to delete it.

A user contacted me this evening that she would only see the word FORUM when logged in. I then discovered that all of the users assigned that same custom usergroup had the same issue. This has been working ok for weeks. I deleted and replaced it twice - being careful to do it right. I change the name. I created another new usergroup thinking that the ID number was part of the issue. I tried three browsers, I cleared the cache. Ultimately, I reassigned the users to another usergroup that is working one and delete the problem one.

I received a message that the Administrator had permanently banned me. (I am the admin but was logged in under my non-admin account). This message must have come from the vBulletin admin or it was some bug. I signed out and logged in again this time successfully.

Any clues about what is going on with this?

Added: Partly solved. I know why no content was not shown with the new usergroups, but that does not explain why the one that had been working for some time, suddenly stopped being recognized in the module permissions. It does not explain why the message that "you are permanently banned" came up.
    Last edited by JGRnava; Wed 1 Aug '18, 12:51pm. Reason: I solved some of the problem.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...