X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

We have not been able to replicate this. Notwithstanding, the support team cannot fix bugs.

It is is best to log it in the tracker so it can be looked st by the developers.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Carrfixr
      Carrfixr commented
      Editing a comment
      Mark I made a tracker the other day and linked this thread. Why can't someone go on my site and confirm / fix this. It happens more times than not
      The tracker seems to be left in limbo
      Last edited by Carrfixr; Thu 26 Jul '18, 7:32am.

• Carrfixr
      Carrfixr commented
      Editing a comment
      The reason why nobody replicates it is because they don't use my search module. They make their own and try it.
      This could be as easy as a new Json code who knows. I posted the code in post #1

• Wayne Luke
      Wayne Luke commented
      Editing a comment
      If we cannot replicate the issue on different installations, it will never get fixed. The developers can't log into your site and just make changes to it. That isn't how the Cloud system works. Every single Cloud site uses the exact same set of files.

With the exact steps to recreate, including every setting on your "Search Module", we should be able to replicate this on any database.
  • Carrfixr
    • May 2017
    • 5.5.x

I just read the top reply / Went back and the comment was gone

Comment

• Carrfixr
      Carrfixr commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll be calling Joshua soon using my phone support

• Wayne Luke
      Wayne Luke commented
      Editing a comment
      He will not be able to provide further guidance. We cannot replicate the issue or provide a workaround to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. It has to go through the development cycle.
  • Carrfixr
    • May 2017
    • 5.5.x

Thanks Wayne

How do I get this looked at. What step is next (support ticket)???

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      Wayne Luke commented
      Editing a comment
      You have to let the Bug Report go through the process. Support cannot fix bugs in the software. We can recommend workarounds but we cannot fix bugs.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

I just visited your site using the Support User available on Cloud sites... I selected "Unread Content" once I found it in the menus. This is what I saw:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-07-26_9-35-06.png Views:	1 Size:	132.3 KB ID:	4395361

Next, I clicked on the first reply in the list. After that, I selected "Unread Content" again. This is the subsequent result:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-07-26_9-35-44.png Views:	1 Size:	157.1 KB ID:	4395362

This is working as intended for my user on your site. I am using Windows 10 with Chrome 68
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carrfixr
      • May 2017
      • 5.5.x

This is working as intended for my user on your site.

Wayne what happened to the comment "what did you do today that was Model A related" ?? The bottom one on the first attachment

It disappeared
      Last edited by Carrfixr; Thu 26 Jul '18, 9:30am.

Comment

• Carrfixr
        Carrfixr commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't ever remember being told that the comments are not tracked. It seems they are tracked because they show before reloading the page

• Wayne Luke
        Wayne Luke commented
        Editing a comment
        I said they aren't tracked properly. Not that they weren't tracked. There is a difference in the behavior. I'll ask QA to approve your JIRA so the developers can look at it.

• Carrfixr
        Carrfixr commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for your help. So this could be a bug in the tracking? I think I'm at the point to disable the comments feature. What good are comments if you can't find them. I hate to do this but it seems there are no other viable options for now.

"It's working as intended" just seems wrong, but what do I know
        Last edited by Carrfixr; Thu 26 Jul '18, 11:03am.
    • Carrfixr
      • May 2017
      • 5.5.x

Between the comments folding up and not being able to find them through the unread, I pulled the whole feature from my site Hope to see both fixed some day in the future

Comment

• Carrfixr
        • May 2017
        • 5.5.x

This comment problem is a very big issue to the operation of the forum. How long does it sit in the BRB review before it gets acted on?

Comment

• Carrfixr
          • May 2017
          • 5.5.x

Please vote for this issue
          Thanks

Comment