Question about linking uploaded documents.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JGRnava
    • Jun 2018
    • 5.3.x

Question about linking uploaded documents.

I uploaded several documents in a post. With each there are two options: Insert Remove. I placed the mouse in the body text and clicked Insert, A link appeared and worked when I did it. Today those links are not broken. What am I doing wrong?

Should I upload these with the vBCloud File Manager instead? I could put them on my personal the site with my personal web page and link to them - is that necessary?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You don't really need to insert the attachment into the post. It will show up at the bottom of the post. You would only use "Insert" to display the link inline. Outside of images, there isn't much use for inline attachments.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• JGRnava
      • Jun 2018
      • 5.3.x

I was inserting the links inline as it made a cleaner appearing post. But that can wait.

I wound up just putting the files on another site I own and linking to them from vBulletin and that works fine. But it makes the forum dependent on my personal site. That can be changed when necessary but it would be nice to be able to store files on your server and link to them. I don't recall how much storage comes with the basic plan.
      Last edited by JGRnava; Thu 5 Jul '18, 8:01am. Reason: Clarification

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...