Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carrfixr
    • May 2017
    • 5.5.x

Well I’m heading out for a week... when the user starts a thread he also gets the moderator wheel allowing him to delete the thread even though that is set to NO. It should only allow post deletion. IMO it should just allow post deletion through the edit button. There is no reason to add the drop down. Now with that being said once the edit button has expired and does not show which is correct the drop down stays forever still allowing post deletion... its seems this fixed got totally botched up

Comment

• Carrfixr
      • May 2017
      • 5.5.x

In a nut shell
      1. the dropdown does not expire with the edit button settings. It stays forever still allowing the user to delete, after the edit button has expired.
      2. with the “delete topics” set to no, but the delete posts set to yes , the dropdown wheel shows for thread starters allowing them to still delete the thread
      3. In my unproffessional opinion those moderator tools, the wheel and notepad / pencil should be strictly for moderator use only. I should be able to allow my users to soft delete for a specified time and through the edit button as before this fix happened.
      4. I have some classified areas where the user is asked to delete their ads. Now with this moderation tool drop down I may have to rethink this policy.
      Last edited by Carrfixr; Fri 22 Jun '18, 11:45am.

Comment

• Carrfixr
        • May 2017
        • 5.5.x

Thanks Wayne for your help yesterday. I'm off for a week so I can't deal with any JIra making. Hopefully they can at least fix the issue that causes the deletion to not expire. This should be hand in hand with the edit timing out or have a separate timed deal. It's good to know that it was just implemented from a BUG and I was not hallucinating after spending a good 12 hours trying to figure this out.

The Admin help button for delete posts still says that this works hand in hand with the edit time out. wrong

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Carrfixr
          Thanks Wayne for your help yesterday. I'm off for a week so I can't deal with any JIra making. Hopefully they can at least fix the issue that causes the deletion to not expire. This should be hand in hand with the edit timing out or have a separate timed deal. It's good to know that it was just implemented from a BUG and I was not hallucinating after spending a good 12 hours trying to figure this out.

The Admin help button for delete posts still says that this works hand in hand with the edit time out. wrong
          I can't recreate this. We would need someone to look at your database and that will require a Bug Report on your end with permission to do so.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carrfixr
            • May 2017
            • 5.5.x

A bug report? Is this a Jira or a support ticket?

Comment

• Carrfixr
              • May 2017
              • 5.5.x

Is the bug report a Jira or a support ticket or neither?
              It was mentioned earlier that this was some sort of bug fix. I’m now a little lost on knowing what is normal here or what is not. Or is the bug fix bugged

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

Bug reports go into the Issue Tracker - https://tracker.vbulletin.com/

We no longer use Jira for this project.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carrfixr
                  • May 2017
                  • 5.5.x

Okay I started an issue tracker

Comment

• Carrfixr
                    • May 2017
                    • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

I can't recreate this. We would need someone to look at your database and that will require a Bug Report on your end with permission to do so.
                    Just curious which issues mentioned could not be recreated?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Carrfixr

Just curious which issues mentioned could not be recreated?
                      Looking at the two permissions in question:
                      "Can Delete Own Posts" - Allows the user to delete comments and replies they created in the topic. This is available through the edit button and through the inline moderation tools.
                      "Can Delete Own Topic" - Allows the user to delete topics that they start by deleting the original post in that topic. This is available through the Inline Moderation menu at the top depicted by the "Gear Icon"

I cannot recreate the following...

1) If the Registered User has "Can Delete Own Post" but not "Can Delete Own Topic" the gear icon doesn't appear. They need permission to "Can Delete Own Topic" for the gear icon to appear when viewing a Topic.

2) If the registered User does have "Can Delete Own Post", they can delete their posts by clicking on the Edit icon. If they have multiple posts in the topic, they can check them with the check box
                      and delete those selected posts from that topic. To delete the Topic Starter, they need "Can Delete Own Topic" in addition to this.

3) If the user does not have "Can Delete Own Posts" then the controls to do so disappear.

4) If the user has "Can Delete Own Topics" and views a list of topics within a channel, they are properly shown in the inline moderation menu and checkboxes next to their own content. They can select multiple topics that they create and delete them using the menu.

None of the moderator permissions are set to Yes following the default settings.

All of the above is how I expect the permissions to work. The only thing that I am unsure about is "Edit Time."

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        Wayne Luke commented
                        Editing a comment
                        By "Pencil" icon, I am guess you mean the Inline Moderation menu to delete multiple posts. Personally, I have never been a fan of that icon because it doesn't tell you what the menu does.

• Carrfixr
                        Carrfixr commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I have what I call the pencil icon circled in post #1 on this thread. If the user clicks delete posts on that, it says about deleting and bringing back posts etc. it also shows inverting and other things. Way to much info and it's not needed to begin with. All that is needed is the edit > delete at the bottom. Those two goodies up top should just be for moderators. Why they brought this stuff back makes no sense. We always say "keep fixing it till its broke" lol

• Wayne Luke
                        Wayne Luke commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hide them with CSS then...

[data-usergroupid='2'].administrative, [data-usergroupid='2'].moderation {display:hidden;}

At least I think that will hide them. Will have to test.

This code works on my test site:
                        [data-usergroupid="2"] li.toolbar-inline-mod {display:none !important;}

If you have additional usergroups that you want to hide it from, you should just duplicate the code and update the usergroupid value.
                        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 2 Jul '18, 2:31pm.
                    • Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

These icons ------
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-07-02_13-59-57.png
Views:	41
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	4394221

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carrfixr
                        Carrfixr commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes those
                        They were never there before for registered users
                    • Carrfixr
                      • May 2017
                      • 5.5.x

I tried the CSS and it was still there.

The time out / edit does expire as the edit button disappears. The pencil icon does not time out allowing the user to still delete through that route. If I can get the correct CSS that would work

Comment

• Carrfixr
                        • May 2017
                        • 5.5.x

Wayne
                        That second CSS worked out good. This work around has fixed all the issues that was mentioned above. The little highlight box next to the post number is still there but it's ineffective now. Thank you for sticking with this for a workable resolution. I still hope to see it resolved through development at some point.

Comment