No message or nitification when user is waiting for moderation.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JGRnava
    • Jun 2018
    • 5.3.x

No message or nitification when user is waiting for moderation.

To register, we require a user wait for moderation. My recollection is that there was a notice on the either the message or notification when a user was in the waiting que. Now there is no notice either for Moderator , Super Moderator or Administrator. Going to Message or Notices the user does not appear anywhere. But going to the Moderation in the AdminCP does who the registrant wait for approval. Is this some setting I have wrong or a bug?

Thank you.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can set up an email address under Settings -> Options -> User Registration Options. When setup the system will send an email to the address listed.

However, the system doesn't (and never has) sent a Notification on new registrations. Users can only be moderated in the AdminCP. On the front page of the AdminCP, there will be a link that shows how many users need to be moderated. That is the only alert given.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-06-20_13-15-37.png
Views:	84
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	4393709

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• JGRnava
      • Jun 2018
      • 5.3.x

Oh, I misunderstood that only Admins could moderate new users. The people in this organization that will check the membership list for new applicants should not under any circumstances have Admin access. We may not be able to use vBulletin - we are using this in a way that is not perfectly aligned with your target customer for the Cloud version. It would be a real nice addition for us to have this user moderation capability available to Super Moderator and to have at show as message waiting or such when he is logged in. I do send the email on registration already.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

You can set up the people as Administrators and limit their Admin Permissions to Managing Users only. Usergroups -> Administrator Permissions.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carrfixr
          • May 2017
          • 5.5.x

The lack of an alerting notice and or email for users awaiting moderation has been an issue for many of us. There is a Jira out there for this already. Having to keep looking on your own while the new user is left in limbo is really tough.

Last edited by Carrfixr; Wed 20 Jun '18, 5:15pm.

Comment

• Joshua Gonzales
            • Apr 2015
            • 5.5.x

Putting an email address in the setting Wayne mentioned should send a notification whenever a new user registers though. It is not specifically for moderating users, but if you have the Moderate New Members turned on, then anytime a new user registers they need to be moderated/approved or denied.

Settings -> Options -> User Registration Options > Email Address to Notify About New Members
            -- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
            -- Ads available for the modules globally
            -- Global modules
            -- Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

In addition to the Improvement Request mentioned above (and I quite literally forgot about), I also created an issue to show that posts need to be approved within a channel when you visit. It is here: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18568

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carrfixr
                Carrfixr commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Wayne
            • Mrs.T
              • Nov 2007
              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              In addition to the Improvement Request mentioned above (and I quite literally forgot about), I also created an issue to show that posts need to be approved within a channel when you visit. It is here: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18568
              Thanks Wayne. Also managed to vote on the tracker, so that's fixed too now

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

I would also like to add this JIRA into the Notification Pot: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...ssues/VBV-2659

This will be part of 5.4.3. When a user posts content that is automatically moderated (by whatever means), they should be able to see that content in the list of topics before it is approved. They will only see their own unapproved content.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  Wayne Luke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This issue is already fixed and will be in the next release. You can see this information on the left column. It doesn't need further votes.

Bug Genie doesn't really support Mobile Devices.

• Mrs.T
                  Mrs.T commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Excellent Wayne .... and thanks for mobile info

• Joshua Gonzales
                  Joshua Gonzales commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ahh haha, didn't even look at that! Deployed to Staging!
              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...