• Carrfixr
    • May 2017
    • 5.5.x

copying posts

Is there any work around for this?

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Is there a reason this was posted against the Mobile Suite? The functioanity isn't something that is caused by the Mobile Apps. There are already JIRAs open for this in the vBulletin project. As far as I am aware, one of them was written by you.

The behavior you're talking about is actually the designed behavior to create cohesive conversations. Posts within a topic are sorted by the time they are posted at. Making replies into comments keeps the conversation going. If we change this, there would just as many customers complaining because posts are now out of order.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carrfixr
      Carrfixr commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes The reason was posted on the JIRA.. I could not submit the ticket without using android or ios as the environment.. Bug??
  • Wayne Luke
    • Aug 2000

https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18041
    https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulletin5/issues/VBV-17948

Wayne Luke
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carrfixr
      • May 2017
      • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Is there a reason this was posted against the Mobile Suite? The functioanity isn't something that is caused by the Mobile Apps. There are already JIRAs open for this in the vBulletin project. As far as I am aware, one of them was written by you.

The behavior you're talking about is actually the designed behavior to create cohesive conversations. Posts within a topic are sorted by the time they are posted at. Making replies into comments keeps the conversation going. If we change this, there would just as many customers complaining because posts are now out of order.
      I'm not asking for the posts to be out of order..The issue is the posts should stay as posts and not turn into comments. If the only way is to keep it as comments why do the pics disappear? No body complains about that? I find that hard to believe
      Last edited by Carrfixr; Wed 16 May '18, 11:23am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

If you keep the replies as replies, they will be out of order. They will no longer be tied to the original post properly. Even the starting post may change if the topic you're copying into another has an earlier start date.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carrfixr
          Carrfixr commented
          Editing a comment
          What is the point of copying something if its not duplicated?

• Wayne Luke
          Wayne Luke commented
          Editing a comment
          Not a lot... That is why everything you have mentioned considered a bug and needs developer work to have fixed. If I had a quick answer I would give it to you. I am not sure copying topics is the best solution but you have your reasons. Obviously, I am not able to help you here so until there are bug reports made to make the system work exactly the way you want and they go through the process, I can't do anything further. It doesn't matter what I say or ask to try and understand the problem, I am simply being thwarted from understanding at every turn.

• Carrfixr
          Carrfixr commented
          Editing a comment
          We copy because the site has technical sub forums. The technical threads that are contained in these subs are combined from many different threads into one but relate to the same main topic. When I click copy posts that's what it should do. Now to throw another stone into this when I copy,, many times the copy doubles each one. Then I have to go back and delete each copied double. I may as well also mention that when I do them singularly so the posts don't turn into comments the pictures that showed after being copied disappear on both the original and copied thread. This issue has a JIRA from a previous time. Trevor verified this on my site and determined the pic links became broken. The ticket can be found in my recent history. So all in all this copying / duplicating situation needs a total overhaul
          Last edited by Carrfixr; Thu 17 May '18, 3:34am.
      • Carrfixr
        • May 2017
        • 5.5.x

Thanks Wayne

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...