[Problem with domain]Problem with connecting your own domain in the forum.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flaga_m
    • May 2018
    • 5.3.x

[Problem with domain]Problem with connecting your own domain in the forum.

Hello.

I have launched my own forum as part of the Cloud service on your platform. I decided to connect my forum "forum-michalc.com.pl" to my forum, I have a terrible problem with this because:

01. When I make the activation of my domain in the settings of my domain, the forum site immediately loses the graphic design (https://imageshack.com/a/img923/2774/VwczY3.png). The website returns to the normal state when I turn off the option of my own domain and the forum in the system will be restored to the value of CName Alias.

02. After setting the CNAME value at your domain provider (HomeCloud.pl) there is still an error - a page with an error message appears (https://imageshack.com/a/img924/3165/vFthPZ.png)

03. Values ​​of DNS records at my operator (https://imageshack.com/a/img923/6342/RhOFYg.png)

04. And one more thing from another topic. Would it be possible to create a translation of your forum for the Polish language in the XML file format, because the forum in the Cloud version only supports this format (it is not possible to use the php file)

I am asking for help, thank you.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

In your Cloud console change your domain name to "vbulletin.forum-michalc.com.pl"

All languages are imported in the XML format. There is no PHP version to distribute. If you can find a vBulletin 5 language file then you can use it. You can translate in the AdminCP by creating a new language under Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager. Once that is done, you can translate the phrases in the Phrase Manager.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• flaga_m
      • May 2018
      • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      In your Cloud console change your domain name to "vbulletin.forum-michalc.com.pl"

All languages are imported in the XML format. There is no PHP version to distribute. If you can find a vBulletin 5 language file then you can use it. You can translate in the AdminCP by creating a new language under Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager. Once that is done, you can translate the phrases in the Phrase Manager.

The situation with the subdomain is shown on the screen, but I care more about the main addressing, ie: "www.forum-michalc.com.pl" there is an error at the moment, please check it.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

According to the cname you posted in your image above, your vBulletin would be at vbulletin.forum-michalc.com.pl. We have no control over what displays at www.forum-michalc.com.pl.

If you want the site to be at www.forum.michalc.com.pl then you need to change your CNAME record to reflect that. Until a proper cname is redirected to your site and it is set to use the EXACT subdomain as the CNAME, it will not display properly.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• flaga_m
          • May 2018
          • 5.3.x

According to the cname you posted in your image above, your vBulletin would be at vbulletin.forum-michalc.com.pl. We have no control over what displays at www.forum-michalc.com.pl.

If you want the site to be at www.forum.michalc.com.pl then you need to change your CNAME record to reflect that. Until a proper cname is redirected to your site and it is set to use the EXACT subdomain as the CNAME, it will not display properly.
          See Click image for larger version

Name:	OdinĀ® Automation CNAME actuality.png
Views:	123
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	4391419

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

That is different from this image here: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img923/6342/RhOFYg.png

I can only work with the information provided. I can't guess that you have corrected it at a later time.

You need to edit your Domain Name in your cloud console and add the "www." to the beginning. It must match the CNAME exactly and not deviate, even by one character.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• flaga_m
              • May 2018
              • 5.3.x

That is different from this image here: http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img923/6342/RhOFYg.png

I can only work with the information provided. I can't guess that you have corrected it at a later time.

You need to edit your Domain Name in your cloud console and add the "www." to the beginning. It must match the CNAME exactly and not deviate, even by one character.

Already working ... My mistake was that I ignored the WWW prefix, because in most situations these prefixes are ignored by the systems. Thanks for the help
              Last edited by flaga_m; Mon 14 May '18, 8:55am.

Comment