change email address that receives notification of new posts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • braintrainnerd
    • Oct 2017
    • 5.0.x

change email address that receives notification of new posts?

Hi all.

I had previously moved my site to a new domain. After the move, I changed the webmaster email address in AdminCP, but I am still getting notifications sent to the old email address. Is there is another location where I need to change the email address? I am unable to find it.

Thanks in advance.
  • Mrs.T
    • Nov 2007
    • 6.0.X

In the channel manager you can add moderators for each channel, there you can specify if they receive email notification of new posts.

If you want to receive email notifications for all posts in all channels, you need to change it in the "home" channel.

However, all it says is "receive email notification" Yes or No. So I guess it goes to the email address you have set in your own administrator registered account. Maybe you need to change that to your new one?

Comment

• braintrainnerd
      • Oct 2017
      • 5.0.x

Thanks for your reply MrsTiggyWinkle.

​​​How do I chang the Administrator email in AdminCP? The notifications are still being sent to the old administrator email.

I had already changed the email for associated with the new domain.

Comment

• Mrs.T
        • Nov 2007
        • 6.0.X

Have you changed it in settings> options > site name/URL/contact details

If so then I think you will need to edit your administrator's account and change your email address.

You can do that from your own profile (if you are the administrator) by editing it, or from adminCP >users and find the administrators account to edit

Comment

• braintrainnerd
          • Oct 2017
          • 5.0.x

Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle
          Have you changed it in settings> options > site name/URL/contact details

If so then I think you will need to edit your administrator's account and change your email address.

You can do that from your own profile (if you are the administrator) by editing it, or from adminCP >users and find the administrators account to edit
          I had already changed the email in 'settings> options > site name/URL/contact details'. The notifications still got sent to the old email.

I've just changed the email in 'adminCP>users', and now the notifications aren't sent to either the old or new email.

Probably some bug in the code that came to the surface with the domain change. Oh well.

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Did you change the email on your personal account? That is what is used for notifications.

You will need an email server at the destination if you're using the same domain as your cloud site and closed your hosting provider.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• braintrainnerd
              • Oct 2017
              • 5.0.x

Hi Wayne, I am not sure what you mean by my personal account. I have always had the notification sent to the email of the administrator account. The old and new administrator email are gmail accounts.

What I don't get is why would I still get email notifications sent to the old email address when that email is in the administrator's settings, but then as soon as I change the administrator's email, the notification stops being sent to both the old and new email.

Comment

• braintrainnerd
                • Oct 2017
                • 5.0.x

Problem solved!

After the change of email, Gmail put all notifications sent to the new email in the spam folder!

Thanks for all the replies.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by braintrainnerd
                  What I don't get is why would I still get email notifications sent to the old email address when that email is in the administrator's settings, but then as soon as I change the administrator's email, the notification stops being sent to both the old and new email.
                  The "webmaster's email" used in the AdminCP is for emails being sent by the system to users for various purposes. Emails are not sent to this email address by the system except from the contact us form.

Notifications are sent from the webmaster's email to the email address listed on each individual user account. Even if a user shares the same email address as the webmaster's email stated in the AdminCP. The system doesn't really know this. It just sends an email from String A to String B.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment