How do I access the backup of AdminCP settings?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • braintrainnerd
    • Oct 2017
    • 5.0.x

How do I access the backup of AdminCP settings?

Hi vB staff,

My site suddenly became unverified in Google Webmaster Tools. It had previously been verified using the verification tag provided by Webmaster Tools. So in order for me to reverify my site, Webmaster Tools gave me a new verification tag which worked. However, this new code has resulted in my site no longer in the google index (and the sitemap unsubmitted). It's as if my site is brand new, which is not. I've completely lost my site ranking from the google search engine. :/

What I would like to do is use the verification tag that I had previously entered into AdminCP in the hope that Webmaster Tools recognizes that my site was previously verified. But since I used the new verification tag, I deleted the old one from AdminCP.

How can I access the old verification tag in the backup of the AdminCP settings for my website?

Thank you.

• braintrainnerd
    • Oct 2017
    • 5.0.x

A better question would be, how can I restore my website to yesterday's version (when it was still verified), using the backup? That would mean the old verification tag is already in the settings.

Thank you.

Comment

• braintrainnerd
      • Oct 2017
      • 5.0.x

Fortunately, I had previously included the required verification tag in another post in this forum, so I no longer need to restore or access the backup of my website.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

There is no way to access the backup of your AdminCP settings. We can provide a backup of the complete database or revert your database to a previous date. If you use a backup, this would have to be restored outside of Cloud and the value can be retrieved. If we restore to a previous date, you would lose all content created between that date and now.

I am glad you were able to resolve it this time.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• braintrainnerd
          • Oct 2017
          • 5.0.x

Thanks Wayne.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...