Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sm4uma
    • Feb 2018

Visible email addresses

Pardon the barrage of posts, but we just went live with our vBulletin board and I am getting a lot of inquiries.

Is it possible to make every user's email address visible to other users? Like in the user's profile or elsewhere?

I realize I can probably add a user profile field and allow users to voluntarily input their email address, but I'm hoping for an automatic solution that will display the email address the user uses to login.
  • pgreenway
    • Apr 2018
    • 5.3.x

you can create a custom profile field and have it be for email addresses

Comment

• Mrs.T
      • Nov 2007
      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by sm4uma
      Pardon the barrage of posts, but we just went live with our vBulletin board and I am getting a lot of inquiries.

Is it possible to make every user's email address visible to other users? Like in the user's profile or elsewhere?

I realize I can probably add a user profile field and allow users to voluntarily input their email address, but I'm hoping for an automatic solution that will display the email address the user uses to login.
      Do you mind me asking why you would want to do this?

Personally I wouldn't join a forum that displayed my email address, it would have to be my choice if I wanted to share or not.

I'm very careful where I share my email address but still get spam, imagine the amount you would get if it were public!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...