Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sm4uma
    • Feb 2018

Searching for members

Is there a way to use the search function to search for a specific member by username?

Is there a way to use the search function to search for a specific member by reference to a user profile field? I have four user profile fields created and they are all marked searchable. For example, one of the fields is "location," so I'd want to find every user that has entered in "Chicago" or "Los Angeles" or whatever.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can search users in the AdminCP under Users -> Search for Users. Your custom profile fields should be listed and you can select the values you want to search for.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• sm4uma
      • Feb 2018

No, I mean is there a way for regular users to search for other users in the manners I described. I don't mean searching in the admin panel.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

There is no method to search users on the front-end at this time.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• sm4uma
          • Feb 2018

Can I ask what the point of making a user profile field "searchable" is if it actually is not searchable?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

It is an option that was carried forward from older versions of vBulletin so it is available when user searching is added in the future. Adding this isn't a high priority at this time as it seems most customers do not ask for the functionality. A third-party developer could probably create an extension to add this functionality.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...