View Other IP Addresses for this User - Tool not functioning?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flash04jv
    • Aug 2015
    • 5.1.x

View Other IP Addresses for this User - Tool not functioning?

In the 'IP Address Search' tool in AdminCP, the tool is not logging IP addresses each user has posted with.

It shows the "Registration IP" and then below that is 'Post IP Addresses'. It should have like 5-6 IP's under my account but there's not, just the number 1.

Why does it show a '1'? If you click that link it shows you every user on our forum.

Is there something we need to turn on for this to work?

We have a user that we banned, and he is rubbing our noses in the fact that he has other accounts we can't find. We have found 3 of them but we know there are more. Anyway other way we can find them? He is a major problem user for us.
    Last edited by Flash04jv; Fri 30 Mar '18, 3:01pm.
  • Flash04jv
    • Aug 2015
    • 5.1.x

Does this work for everyone else?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

The link for the number appears to be missing the /admincp/ part of the URL. In fact, I'm not even convinced the numb er should be linked as if you right click this and open that link in a new tab, add the missing /admincp/ to the URL, the page it displays doesn't show anything additional.

I'd just use the "Find more users..." link
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• jameskl
        • Aug 2015

In addition to what Flash is asking, is there a way to log all IP addresses of each user. For instance, when a user posts it logs that IP. If that same user makes a future post from a different IP could the system maintain a log of both IPs? I believe older versions of VB did this??? I know that IPs don't give us a definite way of identification, but it would be an extremely helpful tool for us to help identify these problem users that make multiple accounts after they are banned. We want a running log of all IPs used on our forum, and who used them, so we can compare multiple accounts using the same IP at the same time AND who has used an IP in the past. The IP search function in admincp doesn't do much for us without keeping IP history.

I hope that makes sense.

Comment

• Mrs.T
          • Nov 2007
          • 6.0.X

Not sure if it helps but there is a JIRA for IP address search http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-13185

Comment

• jameskl
            • Aug 2015

I would blike to bump this topic since nothing has happened with it. Are there any solutions? Thanks! Trevor Hannant

In addition to what Flash is asking, is there a way to log all IP addresses of each user. For instance, when a user posts it logs that IP. If that same user makes a future post from a different IP could the system maintain a log of both IPs? I believe older versions of VB did this??? I know that IPs don't give us a definite way of identification, but it would be an extremely helpful tool for us to help identify these problem users that make multiple accounts after they are banned. We want a running log of all IPs used on our forum, and who used them, so we can compare multiple accounts using the same IP at the same time AND who has used an IP in the past. The IP search function in admincp doesn't do much for us without keeping IP history.

I hope that makes sense.

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by jameskl
              I would blike to bump this topic since nothing has happened with it. Are there any solutions? Thanks! Trevor Hannant
              There are no solutions at this time. Any updates would be in the bug report.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

I hope that makes sense.
                vBulletin 5 Connect and vBulletin Cloud have the exact same IP Logging capabilities as previous versions. What is broken is viewing the IP Addresses in the AdminCP. They do exist in the database.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jameskl
                  • Aug 2015

Thanks for the replies. It would be great to have the ability to see those back again.

Comment

• montana rover
                    • Oct 2016
                    • 5.3.x

I vote for this as well.

Comment

• Carrfixr
                      • May 2017
                      • 5.5.x

Is there a tracker to vote on?

Comment

• jameskl
                        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Carrfixr
                        Is there a tracker to vote on?
                        Yeah, that ^^^

Comment

• jameskl
                          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          What is broken is viewing the IP Addresses in the AdminCP. They do exist in the database.
                          Any updates on this? Is there a plan to get this fixed? Thanks, Wayne!!

Comment

• Mark.B
                            vBulletin Support
                            • Feb 2004
                            • 6.0.X

Any updates on this? Is there a plan to get this fixed? Thanks, Wayne!!
                            It was fixed in 5.5.1.
                            MARK.B
                            vBulletin Support
                            ------------
                            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• jameskl
                              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Mark.B

It was fixed in 5.5.1.
                              OH DANG!! I better go check that out! THANK YOU!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...