Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • herkok
    • Mar 2018

How can I migrate my current domain?

I do not know how to migrate my current domain. In the initial configuration I put that I wanted to keep my current domain but I do not know what I have to do to activate it.

I guess I should insert the DNS in my domain provider but I do not know my vbulletin cloud DNS.
  • Joshua Gonzales
    • Apr 2015
    • 5.5.x

We use CNAME records with vBulletin Cloud. This post in the other vBCloud channel has the instructions: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...r-cname-record
    I feel the instructions aren't clear on this, but chances are there is already a CNAME record for WWW or whatever your subdomain is that you just have to edit. Replace whatever is in the "points to" type field with your vBCloud forum CNAME.
    -- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -- Ads available for the modules globally
    -- Global modules
    -- Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)

Comment

• herkok
      • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Joshua Gonzales
      We use CNAME records with vBulletin Cloud. This post in the other vBCloud channel has the instructions: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...r-cname-record
      I feel the instructions aren't clear on this, but chances are there is already a CNAME record for WWW or whatever your subdomain is that you just have to edit. Replace whatever is in the "points to" type field with your vBCloud forum CNAME.
      I have already read it but I do not know where I have to put the CNAME in my domain provider. In the DNS section, I'm asked for an IP and I do not have any cloud vbulletin IP

Comment

• Joshua Gonzales
        • Apr 2015
        • 5.5.x

Yeah we do not use IP addresses. You don't see any CNAME records when looking at your DNS records?
        Who is your domain provider?
        -- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -- Ads available for the modules globally
        -- Global modules
        -- Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)

Comment

• herkok
          • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Joshua Gonzales
          Yeah we do not use IP addresses. You don't see any CNAME records when looking at your DNS records?
          Who is your domain provider?
          piensasolutions.com

this is what I see

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Google the name of your current registrar along with the keywords "Add CNAME" (in Spanish). It should link to their help page. If it doesn't they should be able to help you if you contact them.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• herkok
              • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              Google the name of your current registrar along with the keywords "Add CNAME" (in Spanish). It should link to their help page. If it doesn't they should be able to help you if you contact them.
              There was a tab in the domain provider to modify DNS that does allow the CNAME to be modified as well.

Solved. Thank you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...