Changing email templates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing email templates

Can I change email templates? I have played with the Phrases feature, and I can change the email template only if I add a custom translation, but I can't use any of the {1}, {2}, etc. variables in the translation.

You should be able to use the variables in the translation. What errors do you get when you try?
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

There is no "error," per se. But using the variables in the translation results in a blank email. Is there some log I can look at that would explain the problem further?

Comment

Different versions of vBulletin may use {1} {2} notation or may use variable names like $bbusername. Make sure you compare to the original default English phrase to see what is available in any particular phrase. Don't assume because a translated phrase uses {1},{2} and the like that the default English phrase uses it. Only what is available in the default English phrase is available in the translation of that phrase.

Comment

Ok, let me ask a more direct question.

When a person who is subscribed to a forum receives an email notification of a new topic, I want the subject of the notification email to have the title of the topic in it.

The phrase I need to amend is "subscribed_thread_gemailsubject"

The varname is "$vbphrase[subscribed_thread_gemailsubject]" and the default text is "A new post in your {2} {3} subscription: {1}"

What do I need to put in the translation to get it to do what I want?

Thank you.

Comment

Since the title of the topic isn't part of the original English phrase it won't be possible to make it part of the translation.

{1} = The name of the forum or channel
            {2} = the word "Forum"
            {3} = the word "Channel"

The name of the topic isn't available here.

Comment

Working...
            X