X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carrfixr
    • May 2017
    • 5.5.x

Media album questions

1. How can a user delete pictures from their automatically uploaded media album?

2. When a user creates an album it links to a page that has from what I see no purpose "Home> Special>Album". I never noticed this until the 5.4.0 update.
  • Mrs.T
    • Nov 2007
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Carrfixr
    1. How can a user delete pictures from their automatically uploaded media album?

2. When a user creates an album it links to a page that has from what I see no purpose "Home> Special>Album". I never noticed this until the 5.4.0 update.
    They can only delete if you also allow them to edit posts. We had a big problem with this and support said it was because we didn't allow edit of posts beyond 1 hour.

I pointed out that we had the setting "allow editing beyond time limit for photos" set but they told me this feature is now removed!

We also had that problem with albums where the link led to a page of empty albums but I thought that was being fixed in 5.4.0. I will check my jiras

Comment

• Mrs.T
      • Nov 2007
      • 6.0.X

This was the JIRA for the album's but it was to do with search, so not the same issue as you have I don't think. It's fixed now.

I've just tried creating a new album and had no problems. Carrfixr

Comment

• Carrfixr
        • May 2017
        • 5.5.x

Mrs Tig

I cannot delete pics either being the Admin?? So the editing time limit should not have an effect on me. Albums that are created can be edited. What cannot be deleted is an attachment that is uploaded to a post. This attachment goes into the users main media album with no edit or deletion method available.

Thanks for the reply

Comment

• Mrs.T
          • Nov 2007
          • 6.0.X

Click on the photo you want to delete, underneath is a link to the post it is in, then you can edit the post to remove it.

Unless you use the photo/camera option, in which case you always have to leave one photo in the post. We turned the camera option off as it was too confusing for our members!

Comment

• Carrfixr
            Carrfixr commented
            Editing a comment
            Going into my media album here I see no links to a post or a way to delete it. Just a library of pics that I have uploaded over time. Same thing happens on my site

• Mrs.T
            Mrs.T commented
            Editing a comment
            You have to click on the photo you want to delete, then it opens in a carousel of photos with a link beneath.
        • Carrfixr
          • May 2017
          • 5.5.x

Regarding the other issue here is a link on this site of what i'm talking about

What is this page all about??
          When a user makes a custom album it links to this page for what reason?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Mrs Tig

I cannot delete pics either being the Admin?? So the editing time limit should not have an effect on me. Albums that are created can be edited. What cannot be deleted is an attachment that is uploaded to a post. This attachment goes into the users main media album with no edit or deletion method available.

Thanks for the reply
            You have to go to the post. Edit the post. Delete the attachment. The album you are referring to is virtual and doesn't actually exist as a separate entity. There isn't anything to delete in it. When a user uploads a new image to a post, it just gets shown there as well.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

Regarding the other issue here is a link on this site of what i'm talking about
              https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/spec...753-media-test
              What is this page all about??
              When a user makes a custom album it links to this page for what reason?
              It shouldn't if you're running 5.4.0.

The specials channel is how Albums are stored. There are also channels for private messages and visitor messages. All content has to be in a channel. In normal operations, these channels should be hidden from the users. Technically they should be completely hidden from Administrators as well but we had to make them visible due to some permission issues.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carrfixr
                • May 2017
                • 5.5.x

Thanks Mrs Tig & Wayne for the responses.
                Regarding the special channel I saw it showed in the latest topics module when a user created an album. I did not check to see if it was visible to registered users. If it is just the Admin i'm good with that. How come I can view it on this site?

Yes I am on 5.4.0
                Last edited by Carrfixr; Wed 21 Feb '18, 8:51am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

When a user creates an Album, it should show in the latest topics module. An album is a topic. Everything users create on your site is either a channel (blogs and social groups) or a post. Topic Starters, Replies, and Comments are all posts and not treated much differently by the system.

The new Album should link to the Album on the User's Profile, not Special.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Carrfixr
                    • May 2017
                    • 5.5.x

Wayne
                    I just posted a photo to the media album using a registered user account. It shows in the latest topic module and link to that special > albums page
                    everyone can see this

Ck it out it's under A-doctor

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

For the record, we had a big discussion on this forum about this recently. Either in November or December. Originally the albums were going to be hidden in searches but people said it would be beneficial if they weren't. I am sure everyone in this topic participated in that discussion. So I convinced the developers to make an exception for albums and have them show up in the search based on what was perceived to be the community's desires.

However, it seems there is an additional fix in 5.4.1 for older albums - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10286

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        • Aug 2000

Wayne
                        I just posted a photo to the media album using a registered user account. It shows in the latest topic module and link to that special > albums page
                        everyone can see this

Ck it out it's under A-doctor
                        I don't know what to do then. I guess create a JIRA with steps to recreate and maybe one day it will work properly.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          • Aug 2000

It looks like the fix was pushed to 5.4.1 for unknown reasons. http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-18084

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment