X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lisa0413
    • Mar 2015
    • 5.1.x

Administrator Notifications

Is there a way to get email notifications when content has been put in moderation or a post has been flagged? What have I overlooked (or is there no feature that allows administrators to receive email notifications in these instances)? Cheers!
  • delicjous
    • Mar 2014
    • 6.X

Have something similar to that here.
    A flagged post should be notifying the channel-moderators (but Iam not 100% sure right now).

Comment

• Flash04jv
      • Aug 2015
      • 5.1.x

We are currently having issues with flagged posts too. They either don't show up in the message center or we don't get an email. Just started a week ago or so.

Comment

• Flash04jv
        • Aug 2015
        • 5.1.x

Now the flagged posts are showing up in Message Center, but the email notification took 7 minutes for me and the mods to receive.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          Wayne Luke commented
          Editing a comment
          Email is not and never has been instant. It runs on a 10-minute schedule in a default installation.

• Flash04jv
          Flash04jv commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah, first time I checked it was today. Good to know.
      • delicjous
        • Mar 2014
        • 6.X

I don't know right now if those emails use the mailqueue. The mailqueue cron is running every 10 minutes default. If so it could take up to 10 minutes until you get an email.

Comment

• Carrfixr
          • May 2017
          • 5.5.x

There are no notifications or emails for users waiting in moderation or flagged posts. There is a very old JIra for it

How can i receive either an email, or a notification that i have a post waiting to be moderated. I have to always go into the message center and manually look to

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            Wayne Luke commented
            Editing a comment
            You can set up an email to be notified of new registrations under Settings -> Options -> User Registration Options. Moderated Users are not the same as moderated topics.

• Carrfixr
            Carrfixr commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm good with the registration notifications. It's the moderation of a users first few posts. No notifications , emails nothing as Mrs Tig mentioned
        • Mrs.T
          • Nov 2007
          • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Carrfixr
          There are no notifications or emails for users waiting in moderation or flagged posts. There is a very old JIra for it

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...for-moderation
          We get emails and the red alert notification in the message centre for flagged posts without any problems. I wish they made a new thread in the admin forum like they used to in v4 - there is a JIRA for that here http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-1595

But you are right there is nothing for posts in moderation, they show in the message centre but do not have the red alert, so you have to keep looking in the message centre to see if there is one or hope you see it in the post lists.
          Last edited by Mrs.T; Tue 13 Feb '18, 10:10am. Reason: adding link to JIRA

Comment

• Carrfixr
            Carrfixr commented
            Editing a comment
            You're correct I made a mistake on the Flags

• delicjous
            delicjous commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, forgot you are cloud-users. Will look into it to make it possible for cloud too.
        • delicjous
          • Mar 2014
          • 6.X

Thought about it and I think you could display (not email you) it with a search-module.
          Just put the code in extendend-editor:

HTML Code:
          {"channel":["2"],"unapproved_only":"1","sort":{"null":null},"view":"","exclude_type":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}
          Then hide it if empty. So your users see the unapproved of them self and if your mods have the permission canmanagethreads they see it also.
          You could hide it also for the users and show it only to mods and admins.

Have another small solution for your users awaiting moderation problem.
          Also not an email notification, but you could display the count of awaiting moderation users in a php-module as long vB did'nt implement something:

PHP Code:
          $users vB_Api::instance('user')->fetchAwaitingModerate();
          $count count($users);
          echo 
          "<div>$count users awaiting moderation</div>"
          If you hide the title it looks like that:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-14 um 12.43.03.png
Views:	94
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	4386411

Hope that helps a little.
          Last edited by delicjous; Wed 14 Feb '18, 2:43am.

Comment

• delicjous
            delicjous commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. Didn't know that. So they could not use a html or php module (widget)?

• Wayne Luke
            Wayne Luke commented
            Editing a comment
            They can use Static HTML only.

• delicjous
            delicjous commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks again.