Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help setting up this option: Show edited by note on edited messages?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help setting up this option: Show edited by note on edited messages?

We want to hide the 'edited by' field for Directors and Moderators. Our Moderators are anonymous, so we don't want their names to show when they edit a post. But we want it to show for Registered Users.

To avoid this up to this point. We gave our moderators all moderator rights, but they sign into a Forum Moderator account to make changes or PM users.

I have set this option to No, for Directors and Moderators: Show edited by note on edited messages?

And it is set to Yes, for Registered Users.

So I'd think that would mean it will show for Registered Users, but not for Directors and Moderators. But I guess that's wrong because of this time field that corresponds to it.

I'm having a hard time understanding what time limit I need to set in this field: Time to Wait Before Starting to Display 'Last Edited by...' I made it like 5 years, so it doesn't show for anyone, or 0 and 1, so it does show for everyone.

I can't get it to work for certain usergroups. It just functions the same for all, whether I have it set to yes or no. How can I make this work?

Anybody? I can't figure it out to save my life. Searched all over VB looking for it, just old threads of people trying to do that same thing with tickets created but no solution.

I either set the time to a million so no one sees it, or set it to 1 and everyone see's it. I don't want it to show to Registered Users, I only want Directors and Moderators to see it.

I made a CSS code that hides it. If that code would hide it for only the Registered Users I'd be happy.

Code:
    /*Hides 'Last Edited By' field in comment box*/
    .b-post__edit {display:none;}

Comment

If it's set to no for moderators and yes for registered users then it should work. That's how we do it, it works and we don't do anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle View Post
        If it's set to no for moderators and yes for registered users then it should work. That's how we do it, it works and we don't do anything else.
        On the 'edit by' setting, in the general section of the usergroup, when you click the question mark to the right, it tells you it works with the 'time to edit' setting. The link to the setting is in the tip box. What time is yours set at?

Comment

It's set at 2 minutes

But if you have the show edited by set to 'no' then it shouldn't matter how many minutes the edit time is set at. It just won't show.

Comment

Set to yes/no for directors, yes/no for registered users. Made a post from an account in each usergroup just now. I can see it signed into both accounts. It's like it just does nothing, tried it all kinds of ways. Only time it seems to change is if I increase the minutes to a high number.
            Last edited by Flash04jv; Sun 28th Jan '18, 4:29pm.

Comment

This is under the Directors Usergroup, set to NO.

Comment

This is the Registered Users Usergroup, set to Yes.

Comment

Mside is my test account in Registered Users. Still the same. I've run the forum tools. Didn't help.

Comment

Ok, it's making sense. The Directors have Registered Users as a secondary usergroup. Once I put both groups to No it stopped appearing. Not sure if there is a reason Directors need to have registered users as a secondary usergroup.

So to get it to do what we want, I'll have to remove Directors and Moderators from the secondary Registered Users usergroup? Maybe?

I'm sure removing them from that will mess up something, well see.

Comment

We don't have our moderators in a secondary registered usergroup. Not sure there is any need so try taking them out.

Good luck

Comment

Have you thought about doing it the other way round - giving the registered users who are 'directors' the secondary usergroup 'directors'.

Comment

I don't know why it's even the way it is now. I'll have to do some experimenting with it. Might help some of our other off issues if I'd get them setup correctly.

Comment

Working...
                          X