X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carrfixr
    • May 2017
    • 5.5.x

Wayne
    It only happened that one time when i clicked them fast. Since then i go slower so it may not happen again. It would probably be very difficult to recreate. Please tell them that we need that notification alert for new members to be moderated. An email option along with the red alert up top would be perfect.
    Last edited by Carrfixr; Fri 2 Feb '18, 7:20pm.

Comment

• Mrs.T
      • Nov 2007
      • 6.0.X

It's happened more than once for us, especially the post not appearing anywhere after it was moderated.

We just assumed it was us who had done something wrong so have been moderating very carefully since, that's how we noticed it this time.

Comment

• Mrs.T
        • Nov 2007
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

I see a node from this user that is missing its corresponding text record. It is a reply to her topic on "new self builder". There is no way to recover this text.
        Thanks Wayne. I seem to remember that the post that completely disappeared was entitled 'untitled' in the moderation list, which seemed strange at the time but if she had replied to her own post then that might be why and could be the node you are seeing. There is no reply from her on the "new self builder thread" she just started it.

This was also the thread that did not show anywhere until I replied to it.

It's going to be a tricky problem to reproduce but we will also try with some test members.

​​​​​​
        Last edited by Mrs.T; Fri 2 Feb '18, 10:19pm.

Comment

• Mrs.T
          • Nov 2007
          • 6.0.X

Just a thought on this. The member replied to her own post and they were both in moderation. If they were moderated out of order, (second post first) the second post would not have a thread to be shown in. Maybe the system couldn't cope with that so the post was deleted?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle
            Just a thought on this. The member replied to her own post and they were both in moderation. If they were moderated out of order, (second post first) the second post would not have a thread to be shown in. Maybe the system couldn't cope with that so the post was deleted?
            I am also thinking of this being the cause. Technically the reply should be moderated and shown properly. The topic starter would remain unmoderated until it is approved. There could be a bug. I know I said I would set this up but I haven't had time to yet. Will install a new copy of vBulletin 5.4.0 today in order to test it with a number of users.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mrs.T
              • Nov 2007
              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke

I am also thinking of this being the cause. Technically the reply should be moderated and shown properly. The topic starter would remain unmoderated until it is approved. There could be a bug. I know I said I would set this up but I haven't had time to yet. Will install a new copy of vBulletin 5.4.0 today in order to test it with a number of users.
              Thanks Wayne. I appreciate how busy you are, so don't worry

i think (personally) when you see a post in moderation you want to approve it as soon as possible to save the new member waiting, but maybe a pause to see what order approval should go in is wise until we know if it is a bug.

Comment