After posting it shows 1 hour off 10:00 am

Is there a setting for this???

Starts
    Sun 22nd Apr '18
    Ends
    Sun 22nd Apr '18

It does this on both opening and closing times if i use the dual day option

Comment

Shows at 7:00 am for me. The time displayed depends on your timezone settings and whether you are using Daylight Savings Time or not.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Hi Wayne

Try doing something in March or April... it works fine in Jan & Feb.... i have not tried all 12 months
        Last edited by Carrfixr; Wed 10th Jan '18, 12:06pm.

Comment

I wonder if this relates to daylight saving time....?
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Any feedback available on this yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
              Any feedback available on this yet?
              Carrfixr, I just did a test event for March and April and it worked fine on my forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale D-FL View Post

Carrfixr, I just did a test event for March and April and it worked fine on my forum.
                Do you have daylight savings time on or off in your user settings?

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

Do you have daylight savings time on or off in your user settings?
                  Sorry for the delay Wayne, I have DST set to off.

Comment

The date and time for events will show according to the user's time zone and DST settings. Since the end of March and April are after the time shift, it appears this affects the time.

Wayne Luke

Comment

• Dale D-FL
                      Dale D-FL commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Makes sense to me since mine is turned off.

So shouldn't it automatically compensate for the correct time when posting future events?
                    Last edited by Carrfixr; Thu 11th Jan '18, 6:17pm.

Comment

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-18127

Comment

So shouldn't it automatically compensate for the correct time when posting future events?
                        Correct time where? We don't know where your server is located. The software tries to compensate based on the time provided by the server and the time zone provided by the end user. However, this doesn't cover all variables and therefore it will be incorrect for some users a small portion of the time.

Wayne Luke

Comment

No. That's not actually possible because the system can't determine for each individual user at what location they will be when the event occurs. It would have to set a different time for each individual user based upon whether or not DST was in effect in their time zone at the time of the event.

As Wayne said above even if 100% of your members are located in one time zone your server is probably in a different time zone. Even if you are in a state that does not use DST your server is probably located in a different state which does use DST. There are simply too many variables to account for every possible situation.

Last I knew Facebook and several other social media apps also had this issue.

Comment

Sorry to be a pain.
                            It's just when a user posts an event and the time is 1 hour off on the post from what was entered that can't be right. I made a JIra as Mark suggested which got squashed so i'm done with this issue. Everyone will just show up an hour late for the future events this spring.

Comment

Working...
                            X