X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carrfixr
    • May 2017
    • 5.5.x

Notifications for moderation

How can i receive either an email, or a notification that i have a post waiting to be moderated. I have to always go into the message center and manually look to see if something is waiting.
  • Mrs.T
    • Nov 2007
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Carrfixr
    How can i receive either an email, or a notification that i have a post waiting to be moderated. I have to always go into the message center and manually look to see if something is waiting.
    There is a Jira to add a red flag to the message centre notification to make it more noticeable. Sorry, in a rush so don't have time to find the link.

Comment

• Carrfixr
      • May 2017
      • 5.5.x

Thank you,

Comment

• Mrs.T
        • Nov 2007
        • 6.0.X

Here it is: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-8460

​​​​​I'd love this to be done

Comment

• Carrfixr
          • May 2017
          • 5.5.x

That Jira is very old.
          Doesn't look promising, but thanks again for the replies.
          I voted for it of course

Comment

• Mrs.T
            Mrs.T commented
            Editing a comment
            Well it's more likely to be fixed if people vote, so let's keep pushing
        • Flash04jv
          • Aug 2015
          • 5.1.x

Would this help? Might be more than you are wanting tho. It for sure works, but we turned it off, too many notifications.

AdminCP>Channel Management>Moderator Permissions> Click 'Edit' next to your username> Scroll to very bottom> Email Preferences

Comment

• Mrs.T
            • Nov 2007
            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Flash04jv
            Would this help? Might be more than you are wanting tho. It for sure works, but we turned it off, too many notifications.

AdminCP>Channel Management>Moderator Permissions> Click 'Edit' next to your username> Scroll to very bottom> Email Preferences
            Thanks FlashO4jv. As it sends an email when ANY new post is created, like you found it would be too much as we get lots of posts each day. All we want is the red highlight in notifications or an emai if a post is awaiting moderation.

Appreciate your help though

Comment

• Carrfixr
              • May 2017
              • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Flash04jv

Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle

Thanks FlashO4jv. As it sends an email when ANY new post is created, like you found it would be too much as we get lots of posts each day. All we want is the red highlight in notifications or an emai if a post is awaiting moderation.

Appreciate your help though
              Thank you Flash for the response but as Mrs.Tig mentioned the emails will come in droves from any and all site activity. I just don't get it why these basic functions are not working. We need a few more updates like the last to get these important issues resolved. It's almost as if some of this stuff has me operating like i'm back in the 90's. I just love having to check constantly to see if there are any posts waiting for moderation. This leaves the new member in total limbo which is not great. An email option and or a flashing notification is what we need. I started moderating my posts recently and this is what brought on this issue. Maybe Glenn can help figure out some kind of magic trick.
              Last edited by Carrfixr; Wed 10 Jan '18, 9:33am.

Comment