• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tunneler
    • Jan 2018
    • 5.3.x

error message setting up custom domain

Hi everyone

I purchased a domain from godaddy and wanted to put a forum there, so I bought the bronze vBulletin cloud option and am trying to set things up.

I received an email from vBulletin telling me to go to godaddy and change the CNAME to point to xyz.vbulletin.net

At godaddy there are 3 CNAME entries to choose from (ftp, www, and _domainconnect). I guessed that I was supposed to choose the www option, so I pointed the www CNAME entry to b68eb95be26b-003832.vbulletin.net

That was about 2 days ago. But when I type the forum url into my browser's url box, I get the following error message:

"Your connection is not secure

The owner of [SiteName] has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

[SiteName] uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.vbulletin.net, vbulletin.net Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN"

What's wrong? Do I need to do something different?

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by tunneler; Wed 3 Jan '18, 8:29am.
  • tunneler
    • Jan 2018
    • 5.3.x

SOLVED:

It turns out that I just needed to log into the VB cloud console and click "Activate Domain" (the custom domain had been inactive, but became active after clicking). The new forum then began working correctly within 5 minutes

(thank you Joshua G.!)

Comment

• tunneler
      • Jan 2018
      • 5.3.x

how-to here (have to log in as user, not admin):

Comment