Search for members using multiple accounts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flash04jv
    • Aug 2015
    • 5.1.x

Search for members using multiple accounts?

Is it possible to run a search of all members that may share IP addresses? Not one specific IP at a time. I can't find how to do it if it's possible.

We would like to do this to see if we have members using multiple accounts.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

There isn't any way to do this. You can search for a user's IP Address and see if others are using the same address. Duplicate IP usage doesn't necessarily mean there are duplicate accounts.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

In the Search for Users page in AdminCP, enable "Display IP Address" option. You may increase the Max Results too. Then copy and paste the results in Excel. Then in Excel, you can Filter the data by the IP Address column. From there, you would be able to see the duplicate IPs.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Flash04jv
        • Aug 2015
        • 5.1.x

I will try this tmrw. We have issues with 'problem' members using multiple accounts to get their point across or to work around a ban. Hoping this will help us watch them better.

Comment

• Flash04jv
          • Aug 2015
          • 5.1.x

That works! It will take some time to get them all in there, but the first 100 or so show me it works. Thanks!

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Flash04jv
            That works! It will take some time to get them all in there, but the first 100 or so show me it works. Thanks!
            Please remember what Wayne said:

Duplicate IP usage doesn't necessarily mean there are duplicate accounts.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...