Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letzride
    started a topic Template Help

Template Help

Alright - not sure there is really an answer this problem nor do I 100% know how to ask it...so bare with me here please.

I have a forum www.camarov6.com on that forum on my righthand sidebar I have my latest 5 posts along with some google adsense advertising and sandwiched in between I am beginning to put advertisers. The first one I have put in is an oil company Amsoil.

Now when I apply the ad module to my main page, the ad shows up as seen in the attached photo - great! ... however, if I click into any of my subforums, such as "Appearance and Detailing" that advertisement is not there (however somehow my google ads are not sure how that works?)...how can I set this ad module up so that it is showing on all forums / channels?

Second question to add to that mix...while I want a common template among all my channel / forums as far as my sidebar goes...I want to have my top banner (just below the navigation bar) be specific to each subforum and posts contained within....so for example, if you click on "appearance and detailing I want to sell the top banner in that forum to a car care company...all posts/threads started in that forum should have the top banner I put there displayed...but if someone clicks into my subforum for Drag Racing for instance...it should show only the advertising banner that I put up for that sub forum.

So in short - I want each subforum to apply a template that applies to all posts within that subforum, and a global template that applies to my sidebars.

Does that make sense? and is that possible? And, if I can't have a global template that stretches across my entire forum...then I would at least like to be able to apply a template that is for each subforum (my subforums are the bolded red font titles in the grey backgrounds - there are 12 of them)...as if I have to manage 12 templates every time I sell a advertising package I can manage that...

Does that make sense?
    Attached Files