Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • voclain
    • Aug 2002

My ads, Google, Rotation?

Forgive me for being so dumb. I have searched and I just cannot find the answer?

i upgraded my site from vb4 to the cloud. Now I’m in the set up stage, trying to get it looking, feeling, and functioning the same.

I used to use a 3rd party plugin to feed my rotating ads. But now I for the life of me cannot figure out how to make this work? I have companies who pay to advertise on my site, similar to Google Adsense, but they just pay me directly. I want one banner to show up at a time, just like google AdSense, but I want it to be MY ADS.. I don’t mind sharing that space with google, but I cannot figure out if that is possible too. Like google shows there ad, then it shows my ad, can you do that from AdSense?

im so confused. What are others doing? Currently I have about 10 advertisers, but after the first of the year I expect that to triple, maybe even more? What do you recommend?

kirk
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can place ads on the page using the Ad Module. Click Edit Page while Site Builder is active, Add the Ad Module where you want it.

There is no ad rotator though. You would have to create some sort of javascript to rotate them. If you need something more controlled, then you should look into an Ad Manager like Doubleclick (by Google) or AdButler.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• voclain
      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      You can place ads on the page using the Ad Module. Click Edit Page while Site Builder is active, Add the Ad Module where you want it.

There is no ad rotator though. You would have to create some sort of javascript to rotate them. If you need something more controlled, then you should look into an Ad Manager like Doubleclick (by Google) or AdButler.
      Wayne: THANK YOU!!! You are most helpful....I tried to understand the GOOGLE ONE...but, I think it's more for the REALLY, REALLY big crowd.....I settled on AdButler....it is EXACTLY what I was wanting...you are the best.

Thanks again!

Kirk

Comment

• voclain
        • Aug 2002

Wayne.....I just had to thank you one more time!!!!! I spent HOURS yesterday trying to figure this out...and in 2 sentences you solved my problem and I have it up and running!!! Thanks again!!!

Kirk

Comment

• Carrfixr
          • May 2017
          • 5.5.x

Will something like this work for you?

Below is a simple rotating banner script written in Javascript which you can use in Static HTML Modules or Ad Modules. All the banner links and images are

Comment

• voclain
            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Carrfixr
            Will something like this work for you?

Below is a simple rotating banner script written in Javascript which you can use in Static HTML Modules or Ad Modules. All the banner links and images are

It might! Thank you!!!

Kirk

Comment

• Flash04jv
              • Aug 2015
              • 5.1.x

So were you able to get your banners to rotate? I spent forever trying to make that happen. Trying to rotate 4 available spots, with unlimited ads waiting to rotate into place each time the page is reloaded. It works, but too often the same ad shows in more than one spot. I can't figure out how to make that stop happening.

I want an 85/15 template so bad it's not funny. Would really help our spacing issues.

Comment

• voclain
                • Aug 2002

YES,..with AdButler.com

Kirk

Comment

• Flash04jv
                  • Aug 2015
                  • 5.1.x

Good deal! Thanks, looking for a free option. Tried the vbmods code, doesn't fit my needs tho.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Flash04jv
                    So were you able to get your banners to rotate? I spent forever trying to make that happen. Trying to rotate 4 available spots, with unlimited ads waiting to rotate into place each time the page is reloaded. It works, but too often the same ad shows in more than one spot. I can't figure out how to make that stop happening.
                    You would need more complication Javascript that records the last image shown.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• plasma1210
                      • Apr 2017
                      • 5.2.x

Hello, I also tried to find a good solution for rotating banners with various tools. I did not manage a really good one.
                      I have too little expertise for that. I think it makes sense when vbulletin, they have a lot more experience and knowledge,
                      would offer a user-friendly solution as a paid additional module

Please excuse my bad english

Regards

Comment