X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carrfixr
    • May 2017
    • 5.5.x

Welcome Email After Moderation

I would like to change the wording for the email that gets sent after a new user is approved from moderation. I looked for it but for some reason it is eluding me.
    Thanks in Advance
  • Dale D-FL
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.0.X

I believe you will find the answer under this link. Check Mark's response. https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...l-verification

Comment

• Carrfixr
      • May 2017
      • 5.5.x

Thanks for the reply. That info is for the user email verification email. I am looking for the email that gets sent after the moderator approves being able to post.
      It does get me closer, just need the right phrase to search for

Comment

• Mrs.T
        • Nov 2007
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Carrfixr
        Thanks for the reply. That info is for the user email verification email. I am looking for the email that gets sent after the moderator approves being able to post.
        It does get me closer, just need the right phrase to search for
        I didn't know an email automatically went out once a user has been approved to post. I thought it was just when they registered.

Comment

• Carrfixr
          • May 2017
          • 5.5.x

There is actually a last email after validation... here are the screen shots of the process

the pics are not in order ,, read the captions

Comment

• Mrs.T
            • Nov 2007
            • 6.0.X

The welcome email?

Something like .....Setting_welcome_mail_title

I think if you search for welcome mail in the phrases you should find it.

Comment

• Carrfixr
              • May 2017
              • 5.5.x

I found it////// moderation_validated_gemailbody

Comment

• Mrs.T
                • Nov 2007
                • 6.0.X

Well done. We don't moderate new members that's why I didn't recognise it, but do moderate their first post, just to make sure they are not spammers.

Having said that our spam has dropped 99% since moving to v5. Might even be able to take moderation off.

Comment

• Carrfixr
                  • May 2017
                  • 5.5.x

I went the first 6 months with no moderation. The last 2 weeks i started getting spammed, so now i check them out before being accepted. I did look into moderating the first post as you mentioned, but that involved making another user group and seemed more complicated. I did attempt it once per Waynes instructions on another thread and it shuttled members around, and the avatars were lost. I ended up deleting the new user group and had to do a user refresh to get things back..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...