Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whos online pagination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Whos online pagination

    At times when viewing the users online it gets all discombobulated. Is there a JIRA for this?


    Please vote for this issue. Comment reply's drop out of the unread, making them unsearchable. What good is having comments on the site if they are not read?

    https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18672

  • #2
    Not seen this happen. What exactly do you mean though?
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

    TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

    Comment


    • #3
      It does it usually a few time a day. I will screen shot it the next time and add it onto this thread.
      Example
      page 1 shows 10 users
      page 2 shows 8 users
      page 3 shows one user (and this user was on page 2 also)
      page 4 shows this same user only
      page 5 shows 2 or three users
      page 6 shows 2 guests (when there should be 40 guests)

      It changes up but it gets screwy like that...
      Please vote for this issue. Comment reply's drop out of the unread, making them unsearchable. What good is having comments on the site if they are not read?

      https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18672

      Comment


      • #4
        Here you go Mark.. its not always the same thing every time, but it is always this bad..
        The one pic shows who is online ,29 members and 66 guests.. then i clicked the online link
        Take note of the page numbers..
        The page shows 5 members, repeats one many times and no guests.
        Last edited by Carrfixr; Wed 6th Dec '17, 3:56pm.
        Please vote for this issue. Comment reply's drop out of the unread, making them unsearchable. What good is having comments on the site if they are not read?

        https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18672

        Comment


        • #5
          Now i just checked it again and it's back to normal
          Please vote for this issue. Comment reply's drop out of the unread, making them unsearchable. What good is having comments on the site if they are not read?

          https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18672

          Comment


          • #6
            Now im Showing 37 members on line but only 15 avatars.. The Whos online list is also not correct as shown above..

            Please vote for this issue. Comment reply's drop out of the unread, making them unsearchable. What good is having comments on the site if they are not read?

            https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18672

            Comment


            • #7
              JIRA created
              Please vote for this issue. Comment reply's drop out of the unread, making them unsearchable. What good is having comments on the site if they are not read?

              https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18672

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
                Now im Showing 37 members on line but only 15 avatars.. The Whos online list is also not correct as shown above..
                That's a setting.

                Edit the module
                Change this:
                Max online users to show:
                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                Comment


                • #9
                  I would recommend when raising JIRAs on these matters, that the key details are copied and pasted into the bug report itself. A link to a forum discussion is useful as a complement, but on its own with no other information may cause issues, the developers do not routinely work in the forums.
                  MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                  TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
                  AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I made a JIRA yesterday and referenced this thread.. That should be all the developers need. This has been an issue since starting up the forum on day one.

                    Thanks
                    Please vote for this issue. Comment reply's drop out of the unread, making them unsearchable. What good is having comments on the site if they are not read?

                    https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18672

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

                      That's a setting.

                      Edit the module
                      Change this:
                      Max online users to show:
                      That setting was already good and set to 100.. It is another issue causing it. An hour before that post it was showing correctly with 40 or so users on
                      Please vote for this issue. Comment reply's drop out of the unread, making them unsearchable. What good is having comments on the site if they are not read?

                      https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18672

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
                        I made a JIRA yesterday and referenced this thread.. That should be all the developers need. This has been an issue since starting up the forum on day one.

                        Thanks
                        The problem is, the developers don't work in the forums, and if the information isn't easily accessible in the bug report then it is less likely to gain attention.

                        This is to help you get it fixed. We need to have the developers engaged in seeing the problem and getting to the bottom of it. A bug report that simply consists of a link doesn't help with that. It is however your choice. The developers work in the bug tracker, if you want their attention, that is the place to get it.
                        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                        TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
                        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post

                          That setting was already good and set to 100.. It is another issue causing it. An hour before that post it was showing correctly with 40 or so users on
                          The results in that module are cached, so try clearing the cache and see if it updates.
                          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                          TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
                          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

                            The problem is, the developers don't work in the forums, and if the information isn't easily accessible in the bug report then it is less likely to gain attention.

                            This is to help you get it fixed. We need to have the developers engaged in seeing the problem and getting to the bottom of it. A bug report that simply consists of a link doesn't help with that. It is however your choice. The developers work in the bug tracker, if you want their attention, that is the place to get it.
                            Done
                            Please vote for this issue. Comment reply's drop out of the unread, making them unsearchable. What good is having comments on the site if they are not read?

                            https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18672

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I am now convinced that this issue has to do with one of the members names. When "2manycars" is signed on the who's online goes haywire. Can someone check this out for me, he is signed on most of the time. Just click through the who's online pages and you will see.

                              Here is the JIRA i started for this


                              http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-17982
                              Please vote for this issue. Comment reply's drop out of the unread, making them unsearchable. What good is having comments on the site if they are not read?

                              https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-18672

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X