X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carrfixr
    • May 2017
    • 5.5.x

Read Marking not working since the 5.3.4 update

I noticed that when i reply to a thread it shows that there is unread content. That unread content is the post i just made, so whats up with that?
  • Mrs.T
    • Nov 2007
    • 6.0.X

I had that a couple of times and then noticed there were posts on previous pages I hadn't read, maybe it was that for you?

Comment

• Carrfixr
      • May 2017
      • 5.5.x

Thanks
      I have been finding that i read the thread entirely, make a post on it, and then this happens. Once i go back into the thread to read it again the only new addition is the one i just added. Once i look at it a second time it's showing normal (all read). This is happening every time now for me since the update..

Comment

• Mrs.T
        • Nov 2007
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Carrfixr
        Thanks
        I have been finding that i read the thread entirely, make a post on it, and then this happens. Once i go back into the thread to read it again the only new addition is the one i just added. Once i look at it a second time it's showing normal (all read). This is happening every time now for me since the update..
        I've just checked and that is definitely not happening on ours. Hope that helps.

Comment

• Carrfixr
          Carrfixr commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes that does help, but i don't know why it's happening. I use chrome and it's doing it on all my computers. I think the next step is to ask a few members if it is happening to them

• Mrs.T
          Mrs.T commented
          Editing a comment
          I tested it on Firefox so maybe it is Chrome? Although I use Chrome on android mobile and not had any problems.

• Mrs.T
          Mrs.T commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry. Ignore my previous comment, I forgot I'd changed my phone to Firefox recently, just checked in Chrome and it happens exactly how you describe.
      • Carrfixr
        • May 2017
        • 5.5.x

Mrs. Tiggywinkle Thanks whew.. So now what? Is this another Bug that was created from the update?

Comment

• Mrs.T
          • Nov 2007
          • 6.0.X

Not sure if it's considered a bug if it is browser specific. Will have to wait for someone from support to come along and let us know

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

The issue lasts through a refresh of the page? I also use Chrome primarily and haven't seen this on any 5.3.4 site yet.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mrs.T
              • Nov 2007
              • 6.0.X

I'll see what happens if I reply on here.

Comment

• Mrs.T
                • Nov 2007
                • 6.0.X

No it doesn't happen on here. So maybe some common CSS we both have??

To reproduce, go to today's topics, visit a thread, reply, go back to today's topics (not with back button, but by reloading) the thread is bold as if there is new content, but it is your own post that is new.

Comment

• Mrs.T
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 6.0.X

Carrfixr is this still happening for you? It is not doing it this morning!

One other thing I noticed yesterday was that although the post was bold, as if new content had been added, the little down arrow that takes you to the last post was not there.

Comment

• Mrs.T
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 6.0.X

This is really messing with my head! It's doing it again now. Either that or I'm going crazy (Don't answer that )

Here is a screen shot. The top post I have not read new content and it is therefore bold and has the down arrow. The second post, I've read and my post is the last one yet it is still in bold, however it is missing the down arrow which takes you to the last unread post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	read markings.png
Views:	96
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	4382492

Comment

• Carrfixr
                      • May 2017
                      • 5.5.x

It is happening to other users as well, across different browsers, incld Firefox.
                      I just made a post on my ipad, went back to the home page and then to the forum where i made the post and it was marked unread.
                      Then i made another post to a different thread in that same forum, without opening the first one and that one stayed unread but the first thread i did was not marked unread anymore and i never opened it. So in essence it switched

I hope this makes sense

Comment

• Carrfixr
                        • May 2017
                        • 5.5.x

So i tried it again on chrome (desktop) and i noticed this result::

On the home page it shows that there is not an unread thread, as the little notification is not highlighted. see pic

Click image for larger version  Name:	F5FE1533-9FE2-43D2-A7BF-60286EF193EB.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	186.6 KB ID:	4382501

When i go into the forum of threads it’s shown unread.. see pic

Click image for larger version  Name:	5A726777-AC7E-49FF-A955-0B855E54AC03.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	298.0 KB ID:	4382502

Comment

• Carrfixr
                          Carrfixr commented
                          Editing a comment
                          So there are multiple weird things happening since the update.
                      • Carrfixr
                        • May 2017
                        • 5.5.x

This issue happens 95% of the time but not always.. I just made a post to this Zenith carb thread and you can see it's marked unread. If i refresh my page it stays that way, but it is not listed in the unread topics.
                        I have to go back into the thread a second time for it to unmark itself

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (56).png Views:	1 Size:	426.0 KB ID:	4382569

Comment

• Carrfixr
                          • May 2017
                          • 5.5.x

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...