X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • montana rover
    • Oct 2016
    • 5.3.x

How to change your vote.

We have several polls on our forum and once in awhile members vote for the wrong answer by mistake. They then email me asking how to change their vote. Is this possible? I have searched and could not find anything.

Thanks.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

There is no way to change your vote at this time.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• montana rover
      • Oct 2016
      • 5.3.x

Okay thanks Wayne.

Comment

• montana rover
        • Oct 2016
        • 5.3.x

I made a feature request.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

That would just be a duplicate of the JIRA that I already linked to.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• montana rover
            montana rover commented
            Editing a comment
            The date on it was a few years old, that's why I made a new one.
        • jmomeyer
          • Sep 2018
          • 5.3.x

Is this still outstanding as a feature request?

If I am reading the http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-3059 item correctly it appears that functionality for changing your vote was added in 2012. Verified it worked again in 2014, But it doesn't appear to be an option that is working now?

Are we able to change votes?
          Is this feature request open?

Appreciate your feedback.

Comment

• In Omnibus
            • Apr 2010

Changing votes is not something that should be allowed barring exceptional circumstances. If you go to the ballot box and vote you can't change it later. A vote is a serious matter. Votes are how issues are decided. vBulletin's own tracker uses votes (among other criteria) to determine the priority of issues. This particular issue is seven years old and has all of three votes. It's simply not a high demand function. It makes absolutely no practical sense to allow users to flip-flop back and forth endlessly and aimlessly on votes.

Having said that there are always going to be customers who have more need for a function or feature than other customers. The issue is still open to votes.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by jmomeyer
              Is this still outstanding as a feature request?

If I am reading the http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-3059 item correctly it appears that functionality for changing your vote was added in 2012. Verified it worked again in 2014, But it doesn't appear to be an option that is working now?

Are we able to change votes?
              Is this feature request open?

Appreciate your feedback.
              It is a open issue. The current status of the issue is "Confirmed" and the projected version to resolve it is "BRB Future Release." As a Feature Request, it currently doesn't have enough votes to be acted on at this time. More votes would open it up for review. If a determination is made that the effort required provides enough benefit to the software as a whole, it will get implemented. Not all feature requests will get added to the software. Keep in mind, we're developing software for many different sites.

Here is a list of Open Requests (anything not a bug) - https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...rch/6/search/1

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• eboggs_jkvl
                • Feb 2005
                • 4.2.x

We use polls on our car forum to sign up for events. Changing the selection is vital to the function of our activity sign up process. Just the option to ALLOW the change to happen when you create the poll is all that is needed. If you want the person to be stuck with the poll answer, then you don't allow the change button to appear. We require the change function as crap can always pop up and cause you to have to cancel on and activity. Without the ability to do a POLL change, I am having issues going from VB4.2.5 to VB5. It totally hamstrings my purpose for the poll function. I've updated the style sheets to read Activity instead of poll. My problem is VB4 is going off life support and I'm being forced to go to VB5 but I'm losing too many features that I need to run the forum properly. SO, is the some kind of add on that will allow for a poll change with VB5?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

Then you should visit the open issue linked above and vote for it. That is how customer demand is determined more than anything else. Currently it has 5 votes. This is not something that would be promoted for inclusion any time soon. There are over 1000 feature requests and we implement them as quickly as we can based on overall demand and available resources.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...