X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jan krausse
    • Nov 2017
    • 5.3.x

Registration confirmation mail just works at the 2. try

When the user klicks the link in the email-confirmation mail at the registration for the first time the new site opens with the notice ”No permissions on node ID 1“. When the user klicks the link at the 2. time – than it works fine. Whats wrong with my settings?

I tryed this, but it did not work:
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You aren't allowing Guests to view the Home Page channel. You should revert all permissions on this channel to their defaults and allow guests to view the channel.

You might also need to check the guest permissions under Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager. They should have the "Can View Channels" permission. If you want to prevent guests from viewing the forums, set the permissions on the Forum channel.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jan krausse
      • Nov 2017
      • 5.3.x

Its not that easy. And it is confusing to recongize and plan the affect of the settings in the CHANNEL and the settings in the USERGROUPS. In my case, it is working but one thing is not ideal: after registration you see the headline of the home site an some tables – no content at the forum – but it would be better to see just a plain page. Is there a possibility to do so?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

In 5.3.4, you will be able to edit modules and decide which groups can see them and which cannot.

As for permission hierarchy ---
        Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager: Sets default channel permissions and permissions not related to channels (i.e. Avatars)
        Usergroups -> Channel Permissions: Allows you to override the permissions set above on a channel by channel basis. Children will inherit the permissions of their parents in most cases.

Most sites don't even need to use Channel Permissions but they are there to allow people to fine tune things as well as have staff channels, channels for paid members, etc. The only channel that causes problems is the Home channel (node 1), like the issue you're having. Because of that, I recommend that its permissions not be altered. Instead, the permissions should be set at the "Super Category" level of Forums, Blogs, Articles, and Groups.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jan krausse
          • Nov 2017
          • 5.3.x

Hi Wayne, you said in your last response: ”In 5.3.4, you will be able to edit modules and decide which groups can see them and which cannot.“

Where can I find these settngs?

Thanks
          Jan

Comment

• jan krausse
            • Nov 2017
            • 5.3.x

Found it by myself – sorry …

Comment