X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carrfixr
    • May 2017
    • 5.5.x

subscribers

So subscribers are like friends correct? When someone subscribes to me it shows up in my subscriptions first not my subscribers, why is that? Then once it does get accepted and moved to the friends i show 500 random posts under users in the message center. Why doesn't the friend / subscriber request go directly to the subscriber area. Either something is really screwy here or i need a tutorial on how this is supposed to work.

Thanks in advance
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Subscribing is similar to "following" someone, so you should see their recent activity.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Carrfixr
      • May 2017
      • 5.5.x

I have to play with this feature as it is very confusing. I doubt any users will understand it either, as i have already tried with a couple.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Carrfixr
        I have to play with this feature as it is very confusing. I doubt any users will understand it either, as i have already tried with a couple.
        To be honest it's not widely used, just as the friends feature in vB4 wasn't, and the contacts/buddies feature in vB3 wasn't.

In my considerable forum experience, people rarely seek content by members, and if they do they'll search for their posts from their profile. They don't generally have a requirement to 'follow' new content by a specific member. I'm sure there are exceptions to this, but that's how I've always found it.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Carrfixr
          • May 2017
          • 5.5.x

Originally posted by Mark.B

To be honest it's not widely used, just as the friends feature in vB4 wasn't, and the contacts/buddies feature in vB3 wasn't.

In my considerable forum experience, people rarely seek content by members, and if they do they'll search for their posts from their profile. They don't generally have a requirement to 'follow' new content by a specific member. I'm sure there are exceptions to this, but that's how I've always found it.
          Mark is there a way to just add friends under the subscibers list without the subscribed part of it? I already switched the word subscriber to friends in phrases

If not is there a way to get rid of this subscribed / subscriber from showing?

Comment

• Carrfixr
            • May 2017
            • 5.5.x

How do i delete people out of my subscribers list?

Comment