X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • braintrainnerd
    • Oct 2017
    • 5.0.x

Change wording at the top

Hi all. Both my questions refer to the pic below.

Google has indexed my site but in a google search, the short description under the URL shows exactly what is in the yellow box at the top of the forum: "If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register ...". This does not give people any information about my site at all.

1) How can I change this description so that people know what my site is about?

2) How can I change the large heading "Forum" into something more descriptive?

Thank you.
  • montana rover
    • Oct 2016
    • 5.3.x

Go to AdminCP
    then in left side scroll down to "Language Phrases" click on it
    then select "Language Manager"
    To the right of the word "English (US)"
    Click on "Edit / Translate English (US) Phrases"
    That should be it. If not, on the left side again do a "Search for phrases" and enter a keyword that's in your heading and look for it that way.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

To change the notice text, you would want to go to the Notices Manager instead of Languages & Phrases. In the AdminCP under Notices, click on Notices Manager.

You can change the Meta Description by turning on Site Builder. To do this, click the "Edit Site" button so Site Builder shows up. Then click "Edit Page". Immediately click "Save Page. During the save process, you can edit the Meta Description. Google will use the Meta Description before text on the page.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• braintrainnerd
        • Oct 2017
        • 5.0.x

Thanks for the replies!

Comment