• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • braintrainnerd
    • Oct 2017
    • 5.0.x

email verification?

Hi all!

I created a test user account for my forum, and when the user registered, they received a very short email with the message

"Dear testuser,

Thanks for registering at Forums! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

All the best, Forums".

The user could easily enter a non-existent email and create an account for spamming purposes, since the email is not verified.

1) I would like the content of the email to include a link that the user needs to click on in order to activate their forum account. How can I do this?

2) How can I change the wording of the email that the user receives when they register with the forum?

Thanks in advance!
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

1. AdminCP > Settings > Options > User Registration Options > Verify Email Address in Registration
    Set this to Yes and save

2. The main welcome email can be set from that same screen, under 'Send Welcome Email'. There's an edit link there.
    If you want to edit the email that sends the verification link:
    AdminCP > Languages & Phrases > Search in phrases
    In the 'Search for text" field, enter activateaccount_gemailbody
    Set 'Search in ...' to 'Phrase Variable Name Only
    Press the Edit button next to the result, then press 'Copy default text' and edit the text as required. Be careful not to remove any of the variables.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• braintrainnerd
      • Oct 2017
      • 5.0.x

Thanks a lot Mark!

The beginning of the verification email is:

"Dear {1},

Thank you for registering at the {2}. Before we can activate your account one last step must be taken to complete your registration."

When the user receives the verification email, in place of {2}, they see "Forum"..

I would like to change {2} to my domain name. Where can I see the values of these variables and edit them?

Thanks in advance.

Comment