X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrs.T
    • Nov 2007
    • 6.0.X

Site builder/Cloud ad placement

We are having problems placing adverts that don't break the TOS for Google Adsense placement, particularly on mobile.

Ads placed under the nav bar are fine on desktop but on mobile the menu opens over the ad and obscures it.

Ads placed in the header again are fine on desktop but are too close to the log inbox on mobile and risk accidental clicks

We would love to be able to place ads in the space between the logo and the nav bar, but can't find how we would do this, so guess it is not possible on Cloud?

• Mrs.T
    • Nov 2007
    • 6.0.X

I've asked for an improvement request to add an ad module below the logo/above the nav bar. if anyone else is having this problem, please vote: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-17773

Thank you.

Comment

• Flash04jv
      • Aug 2015
      • 5.1.x

Curious what your site looks like, we have an issue that is similar, doesn't sound exactly the same tho. Could you pm me your site?

Edit* Nevermind, I see your issue now, not the same as mine. Thanks.

Comment

• Carrfixr
        • May 2017
        • 5.5.x

Mrs.Tiggywinkle

Check the ads on my site viewing as a guest and see if the arrangement is better since my search box has been moved

Comment

• Mrs.T
          • Nov 2007
          • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Carrfixr
          Mrs.Tiggywinkle

Check the ads on my site viewing as a guest and see if the arrangement is better since my search box has been moved
          Thanks Carrfixr. A nice site you have.

I don't think moving the search would help unfortunately. Can you see how the menu covers your square advert in this screenshot.

My ideal place would be above the menu icon and below the logo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171011-160045.png
Views:	70
Size:	391.0 KB
ID:	4378865

I like your pull up/down advert at the bottom that scrolls with the page. Very nice. Is that done with code?

Comment

• Carrfixr
            • May 2017
            • 5.5.x

Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle

Thanks Carrfixr. A nice site you have.

I don't think moving the search would help unfortunately. Can you see how the menu covers your square advert in this screenshot.

My ideal place would be above the menu icon and below the logo.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20171011-160045.png Views:	1 Size:	391.0 KB ID:	4378865

I like your pull up/down advert at the bottom that scrolls with the page. Very nice. Is that done with code?

Thanks,

HaHa You got me

You certainly have much more knowledge than me from reading your posts.
            Glenn on this forum has done a lot of custom work for me as the stock cloud is pretty basic IMO. If you have not dealt with him he is fantastic for adding mods and things.
            just a FYI
            Get free & paid vBulletin mods, plugins, addons, modules, CORE hacks, JS hacks, vBCloud mods, BBCodes, custom coding & more by Glenn, an ex-vBulletin Developer.
            Last edited by Carrfixr; Wed 11 Oct '17, 8:03am.

Comment

• Mrs.T
              • Nov 2007
              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Carrfixr

Thanks,

HaHa You got me

You certainly have much more knowledge than me from reading your posts.
              Oh bless you, not much knowledge, just trial and error, research and asking lots of questions

Comment