X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Carson
    • Sep 2017
    • 5.3.x

Referrals?

I searched the old topics but found nothing relating to how to set up the referral system so members can invite others and win prizes, like cash, cars and stuff. I see the master Tab 'Users - Referrals, but no where to actually set it up? OR is there a site to buy pluggins from? (i hate that idea) I mean there is no incentive for others to invite anyone. But if I give away 5k-10k-100k, maybe ten or more people would sign up? YES? NO!? And I should mention it is for the Cloud Version.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

vBulletin 5/Cloud does not have the referral system.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Bob Carson
      • Sep 2017
      • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      vBulletin 5/Cloud does not have the referral system.
      It is like vbulletin has been destroyed! Years ago it seemed so powerful, and i should done my homework better, its certainly not worth buying the script when all it is and has is plain jane features. So what do you suggest? Use the points system? I want to give away thousands of dollars in cash and trips and cars and stuff, looks like i will need to spend 50k on a programmer to make it a real social forum! AS IF. Any pluggins out there or did everyone quit?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

The referral system wasn't used very much in the wide database of users. It wasn't seen as a critical system. There is a JIRA to add it back in here:

It hasn't received a lot of community demand. As you're on Cloud, you cannot use third-party plugins or add-ons.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Bob Carson
          • Sep 2017
          • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          The referral system wasn't used very much in the wide database of users. It wasn't seen as a critical system. There is a JIRA to add it back in here:

It hasn't received a lot of community demand. As you're on Cloud, you cannot use third-party plugins or add-ons.
          Facebook wasnt critical either, then it became a giant, and i plan that by giving away a LOT of prizes...then i think i will be in that small class of those that think its critical. Appreciate your feedback tho. So bottom line, this wont work on cloud? Next question can i transfer the paid cloud onto my own server?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

Yes, you can purchase the download version and obtain a backup of your cloud installation to restore on your own server.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...