X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrs.T
    • Nov 2007
    • 6.0.X

Deleting an album

The help pages give details of how to delete an Album (as below) However members are not seeing the delete option, there must be a setting somewhere that needs adding to allow them to delete albums but I've been through Usergroup permissions and Album settings and can't find anything.

Is there somewhere else that should also be done?

Any help appreciated

How do I delete an Album?

You may delete an existing album by going to your profile and clicking on the MEDIA tab.
    Click on the photo album you wish to delete and it will open. In the top corner there will be a small pencil con and Edit link. Click on this to open the Album edit page.
    On the edit page you can change the Album title, description, upload more photos, or delete the album.
    Click the Delete button to delete the album, you may need to confirm the deletion.
    All photos in the album will be deleted. To delete only specific photos instead please see adding photos.
    You are not allowed to edit or delete the Posted Photos album.

• Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

In the Usergroup Manager, edit the usergroup and scroll down to 'Post / Topic Permissions' - is 'Can Delete Own Topics' set to 'Yes'?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Mrs.T
      • Nov 2007
      • 6.0.X

Thanks for the reply Trevor, no it's not as we don't want members to be able to delete threads they have created without our knowledge, happy to do it for them if they ask but thought it could be a problem if someone deleted every thread they started!

So I'm guessing we can't have delete album without allowing delete topics (threads)?

Comment

• Mrs.T
        • Nov 2007
        • 6.0.X

On the subject of albums; in 4.2.2 quite a few members had photos in albums and these have not carried over into the media section of their profile.

However we can see them in URL/special/albums. Is there any way to move them? Or will they have to recreate them?

Comment

• Mrs.T
          • Nov 2007
          • 6.0.X

Bumping this please.

Having spent a week or more on this, I still can't find any info on how to get members albums back into their profile/media section. Any help appreciated.

Comment

• Mrs.T
            • Nov 2007
            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
            In the Usergroup Manager, edit the usergroup and scroll down to 'Post / Topic Permissions' - is 'Can Delete Own Topics' set to 'Yes'?
            Found how to do it but it was by going to channel permissions> albums and then editing the usergroup permissions only for that album channel, setting their permissions to delete topics and posts.

Still can't find out about albums that were created in 4.2.2 - quite a few members had photos in albums and these have not carried over into the media section of their profile.

However we can see them in URL/special/albums. Is there any way to move them? Or will they have to recreate them?
            Last edited by Mrs.T; Sat 23 Sep '17, 8:31am.

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle

Found how to do it but it was by going to channel permissions> albums and then editing the usergroup permissions only for that album channel, setting their permissions to delete topics and posts.

Still can't find out about albums that were created in 4.2.2 - quite a few members had photos in albums and these have not carried over into the media section of their profile.

On this second issue, I responded to your ticket - they are supposed to show. I have logged the matter with our cloud development team to see if there's a way to rectify it.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Mrs.T
                • Nov 2007
                • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Mark.B

On this second issue, I responded to your ticket - they are supposed to show. I have logged the matter with our cloud development team to see if there's a way to rectify it.
                Thanks Mark, we'd been struggling for so long to find the solution so decided to ask support.

Will await the outcome, thanks again

Comment

• Mrs.T
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 6.0.X

The second issue regarding photos from 4.2.2 not showing in media now appears to be fixed - thank you Mark for your help.

I'm still concerned about issue 1 though, deleting albums - the only way we could find to allow members to delete their albums was by going to channel permissions> special> albums and then editing the usergroup permissions only for that album channel, setting their permissions to allow them to delete topics and posts.

It all seems to be working fine, however in another thread on here Wayne Luke said never to edit permissions in any 'special' folders

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle
                    It all seems to be working fine, however in another thread on here Wayne Luke said never to edit permissions in any 'special' folders
                    Leave it as it is for now. Once the developers fix your other issues with Albums, three or four issues now, then we can look at why that is required.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mrs.T
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 6.0.X

Ok thanks Wayne, really appreciate all the support help.
                      Last edited by Mrs.T; Tue 26 Sep '17, 10:10am. Reason: So sorry Wayne, I've got a mental block with your name for some reason.

Comment