X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrs.T
    • Nov 2007
    • 6.0.X

Adding VigLink verification code

I need to add the VigLink verification code back into my forum since it was migrated to the Cloud this week.

How do I do this?

Thanks
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

In the AdminCP go to Settings -> Options -> Search Engine Tools. Turn Google Verification on and paste your code in the box where Google's code goes. If you already have a Google Meta Tag code, just put the Viglink code on a new link.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	snip_20170828113221.png
Views:	78
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	4376347

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mrs.T
      • Nov 2007
      • 6.0.X

Thank you Wayne. That's brilliant.
      Last edited by Mrs.T; Thu 31 Aug '17, 1:08am. Reason: Ooops! Called Wayne Luke by mistake :(

Comment

• Mrs.T
        • Nov 2007
        • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        In the AdminCP go to Settings -> Options -> Search Engine Tools. Turn Google Verification on and paste your code in the box where Google's code goes. If you already have a Google Meta Tag code, just put the Viglink code on a new link.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	snip_20170828113221.png
Views:	78
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	4376347

The VigLink code was Javascript so I had to put it in the Google Analytics box and it works fine but what do I do if I want to add Google Analytics as well? Is it possible to have both?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

Yes add both. Note that in Google Analytics setting, the <script></script> tags should not be included.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Mrs.T
            • Nov 2007
            • 6.0.X

Thanks Glenn. It works fine having both Vig Link and Google Analytics in there.

Just for information but when I tried Vig Link and StatCounter together in there it broke my Site Builder admin. All my buttons at the top of the forum for site builder were greyed out and I couldn't click them. Took out the StatCounter code and it went back to normal.

I'm happy using Google Analytics so not a problem, but thought I would mention it. (I did take out the <script> </script> from the Statcounter code)
            Last edited by Mrs.T; Thu 31 Aug '17, 7:26am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

On Cloud, I suggest putting StatCounter in an Advertising block in one of your header advertising slots.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment