X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nintenex
    • Oct 2016
    • 5.2.x

VB Cloud: What fonts can we use?

Is it possible to use any font e want on our forums? Which ones are acceptable?
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Use Google Fonts

Making the web more beautiful, fast, and open through great typography

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Nintenex
      • Oct 2016
      • 5.2.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
      Use Google Fonts

https://fonts.google.com/
      Oooo thanks but ho do i install these on the forum? I'm on cloud btw

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

You will get the embed code from your selected font in Google Font. There are 2 ways on how to install it:
        1. Standard - There is no proper way to include tags in the <head> tag in vBCloud. In self-hosted version, you would add it in head_include template but editing templates is not allowed in vBCloud. There is a workaround by utilizing the AdminCP > Settings > Options > Search Engine Verification option. Set "Enable Google Ownership Verification" to Yes then paste the <link> tag for the selected font to the "Google Ownership Verification HTML tag" textarea keeping whatever is already there (if any).
        2. @import - Add the @import code in Sitebuilder > Style > CSS Editor and select the desired theme. Add the code at the very top. Repeat for all active themes.
        Now that you have the font installed, you can use it in Style Variable Editor in AdminCP or in CSS Editor in Sitebuilder if there are no stylevar associated with a text.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• kurt@triffetdesi
          • Mar 2008

What if you don't have access to Site Builder? My new version of Cloud does not show me that option as primary admin. Is there a backend way to add that CSS?

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by kurt@triffetdesi
            What if you don't have access to Site Builder? My new version of Cloud does not show me that option as primary admin. Is there a backend way to add that CSS?
            All cloud accounts should have access to site builder via the primary admin. Site Builder is the 'Edit Site' option, top right of the front end.

If you are not seeing this, please submit a support ticket so we can look at it for you.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• kurt@triffetdesi
              • Mar 2008

Went through support. They enabled the feature for me. Thanks!

Comment