Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acpilotsforum
    • Jun 2017

Pages and content

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere - I'm a new admin using the cloud platform. Our forum is up and running but I'd like to add pages beyond that with articles or documents that are closed for comment and documents that members can download. I've successfully added pages and tabs in the nav bar - but to add the content and uploadable documents I'm at a loss. I don't know what style/template to use or the best way to organize them by topic.

Thanks
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

For content, you most likely want to use Articles. These allow you to add attachments and users can download them. You can turn off commenting when you create the article. Articles are also searchable within vBulletin whereas Pages are not.

You can create Article channels under CMS -> Categories List. You create content by visiting the front end and going to the category. There will be a "New Article" button at the top.

Pages are designed to display content with modules. However, you can use them for static content with the Static HTML Module to display things like Privacy Policies, Forum Rules/Guidelines, Terms of Service and so forth. Pages are not searchable within vBulletin but will be indexed by global search engines.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• acpilotsforum
      • Jun 2017

Thank you!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...