X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Masterjts
    • Mar 2015
    • 5.1.x

Max 20 Page History Per Forum?

I recently imported a VB5 forum over to VBCloud hosting. The forum was several years old with a lot of content. This past update? (we've only been on it a month or so) the forum software just pruned out all the history of the posts leaving only 20 pages. 20 pages seems to be the hard coded setting for pruning out topics from forums.

Is this so? Is this a VBCloud setting?

Is there any way to get those posts back? I still have the old database that we imported from but I cant see anywhere in the settings that you can change that particular setting.
  • Masterjts
    • Mar 2015
    • 5.1.x

As an update.

The forum still sees 113k unique posts with 103k of them in the main forum that is only showing 20 pages. I tried rebuilding forum data and topic data and neither worked.

Are the posts still there? are they just hidden/archived? My admin account can see posts going back to januaray 2017 but my user account can only see posts going back to february 2017. So it seems like the posts might still be there and just not displaying?

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

Edit any forum in SIte Builder (Edit Site > Edit Page), and edit the Channel Display Module.
      Set "Topics Date Range" to "All Time".
      Set "Topics Max Pages" to a much higher figure than 20.
      Save all the way out.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Masterjts
        • Mar 2015
        • 5.1.x

That did it. Wow, such relief after such panic is quite the roller coaster ride!

Thank you very much Mark.B!

Comment