X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TsG XxGHOSTxX
    • Jun 2017
    • 5.3.x

I need help

I just signed up for vbulletin. It is used in a lot of gaming communities. I am trying to build my own community and now have enough members to justify building a forum. So I know alot of the clans/gaming communities use vbulletin. I already bought my domain name and have attached it. However now is the time to build the forums and I have no clue what I am doing is there anyone or anything you might be able to say to help I have a rough idea what i am looking for so maybe if you can help I can tell you a lil more. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy
  • Joshua Gonzales
    • Apr 2015
    • 5.5.x

For a couple general tips, see this post and the rest of the thread if it interests you: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...ks#post4018055

I see you have added several categories, each with forums, and that you have uploaded a nice site logo. What else are you hoping to do?
    Change colors?

Just noticed you have a couple edited and new navigation bar items without proper pages for them to link to.

For rank structure, unless you plan on using the Articles page for something else, you could probably just create a new article to inform about the Rank Structures.
    Before I start going every which way, tell us more about what you want so we can give focused help and feedback.
    Last edited by Joshua Gonzales; Wed 7 Jun '17, 10:28am.
    -- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -- Ads available for the modules globally
    -- Global modules
    -- Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)

Comment

• TsG XxGHOSTxX
      • Jun 2017
      • 5.3.x

i am basically trying to duplicate www.brgclan.com if you can look at that site and see if you can guide me in that direction. Yes I do want to change colors.... I dont know how to add the proper links to the pages so that would help if you could explain that to me. To be honest i really got overwhelmed but I really would like to get this up and running, I got so aggravated i canceled my subscription if you can help me get my page where it needs to be I will gladly renew it. I just need help and youtube videos are no help at all.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

Duplicating a site like that would be a substantial piece of work and you would be looking at hiring a third party styling expert to assist.
        Also that site runs on vBulletin 4, whereas you are running vBulletin 5, so a pixel for pixel duplication wouldn't be possible...setting aside copyright issues of course. That site also runs third party addons which wouldn't be compatible with vBulletin 5, and you cannot run third party addons on the cloud platform anyway.

Instead of trying to duplicate someone else's site, it would be better to create something unique to you and your niche....you are unlikely to gain members by trying to exactly duplicate another site, people will just stick with the original. You need something unique and compelling.

As a starter, many colours can be changed in the Stylevar section of the Style Manager in the admincp. You also have a large number of pre-made styles to choose from, you can either use these as they are or use them as a basis for customisation. A guide to stylevars can be found here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/stylevars
        Navbar links are changed in the front end, click Edit Site and then Navbar.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• TsG XxGHOSTxX
          • Jun 2017
          • 5.3.x

I dont want it to look just like his thats just a vage idea of what i am going for i def want it to be unique to my site but I cant figure out how to make it so the top topics have a page and my post in the about us section is a blog and I dont want that i want that to be a statement about us do you know what i mean?

Comment

• TsG XxGHOSTxX
            • Jun 2017
            • 5.3.x

where is the stylevars located at on the admin cp

Comment

• Joshua Gonzales
              • Apr 2015
              • 5.5.x

AdminCP > Styles > Style Manager
              In the row of the Style you are using or editing, click the drop down box on the right and select Style Variable Editor.
              -- Global modules

Comment

• TsG XxGHOSTxX
                • Jun 2017
                • 5.3.x

I really appreciate the help you all are trying to give me. I am continuing to try and create even something reasonable to give to my 100+ followers on xbox one before my month renews I am just not able to do it via form board messages. I am having alot of difficulties. I have even sent messages out to my different members to see if any of them had any experience with vbulletin. If this is the only way i am going to be able to get help I am going to have to let the membership just end because it is causing me more aggravation than anything else. So if there are any other options I really want to give my business to vBulletin but doing it in this fashion is not going to work. Is there anyother way we can go about this?

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

Originally posted by TsG XxGHOSTxX
                  I really appreciate the help you all are trying to give me. I am continuing to try and create even something reasonable to give to my 100+ followers on xbox one before my month renews I am just not able to do it via form board messages. I am having alot of difficulties. I have even sent messages out to my different members to see if any of them had any experience with vbulletin. If this is the only way i am going to be able to get help I am going to have to let the membership just end because it is causing me more aggravation than anything else. So if there are any other options I really want to give my business to vBulletin but doing it in this fashion is not going to work. Is there anyother way we can go about this?
                  Unfortunately vBulletin cannot customise your site for you. It isn't a service we provide. That said, we can help with any quick questions you might have and point you in the right direction.

It may also be worth posting a paid services request over on www.vbulletin.org - the modictaion and customisation site - and see if a third party styler may be able to assist in more depth.
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------

Comment

• TsG XxGHOSTxX
                    • Jun 2017
                    • 5.3.x

Can you tell me how I can customize my site at all. I also wanted to know how to add user groups and stuff like that? can you try and explain that to me

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 6.0.X

Originally posted by TsG XxGHOSTxX
                      Can you tell me how I can customize my site at all. I also wanted to know how to add user groups and stuff like that? can you try and explain that to me
                      Yes course...what is it you would like to do, specifically?
                      MARK.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      ------------

Comment

• TsG XxGHOSTxX
                        • Jun 2017
                        • 5.3.x

I am trying to add a tab to my navigation bar and I cant seem to do it. It will only let me have three it will not let me add any more than that. I also would like to remove the blog options from some of my pages is this possible and if so how do i do it?

Comment

• TsG XxGHOSTxX
                          • Jun 2017
                          • 5.3.x

there are many more things i need help with I am just giving them to you in what i think are order of importance..... Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

• TsG XxGHOSTxX
                            • Jun 2017
                            • 5.3.x

so i logged in and somehow the tab worked i am guessing you had something to do with it. That being said I added the rest of the tabs in my nav bar that i need and now none of them are working besides the original three. Can you look into that for me please.

Comment

• Joshua Gonzales
                              • Apr 2015
                              • 5.5.x

The tabs appear to be working except the last one. You have probably entered a URL for a page that doesn't exist yet.

Adding navigation bar items does not create pages. You either need to use a URL for a page that already exists or create a new page from the Sitebuilder.
                              EDIT SITE ON > New Page
                              When you Save it will ask for a Page Name and an accompanying URL, for example New Page and www.mywebsite.com/new-page.
                              Then you can use that URL in a nav bar items.
                              -- Global modules

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...